Immigration Ban

Oh...that's right....as long as everyone understands, it doesn't apply to me.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A lawyer representing first lady Melania Trump’s parents says they’re living legally in the U.S.

The lawyer says Slovenian nationals Viktor and Amalija Knavs “are both lawfully admitted to the United States as permanent residents.”

Michael Wildes is declining further comment, including discussing when the couple would be eligible for citizenship or how their green cards were obtained.

President Donald Trump has pushed to limit immigrants’ ability to sponsor relatives to join them in the U.S. He’s endorsed legislation that would prevent immigrants from sponsoring their parents and only allow them to sponsor spouses and minor children.

A spokeswoman for the first lady says the Knavs “are not part of this administration and deserve their privacy.”

The Washington Post first reported on the Knavs.

A reminder that the beating heart of White House policy is keeping foreigners out of this erstwhile nation of immigrants: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/23/588469561/trump-administration-restricts-h-1b-worker-visas-coveted-by-high-tech

Not just the bad ones. The ones in the most highly-skilled sectors. This is echoes of Steve Bannon complaining that Silicon Valley is full of Asian CEOs, a claim that isn't even true.

• Plus1 1

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/02/12/trump-has-undercut-u-s-refugee-resettlement-heres-one-way-to-restore-it/?utm_content=buffer2b2db&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Since the end of the Vietnam War, under both Republican and Democratic administrations, the United States has been the world’s leader in resettling refugees — offering a new life to those who have been persecuted at the hands of repressive governments or warring armies.

Yet at a time when there are more refugees globally than at any time since World War II, the Trump administration has abandoned America’s traditional leadership role. The State Department has slashed refugee admissions by more than half, to 45,000, a historic low. 

"Nation of immigrants" isn't all we're leaving behind. Among the other things we're happily burying: "Give us your tired, your poor, your hungry."

Let the past die. Kill it, if you have to.

• Plus1 1

For every sob story about how some illegal alien is supposedly being mistreated after coming here illegally, there’s a story about some nutjob illegal raping kids, dealing drugs around a school, or murdering a family with an axe. 

We need to focus on crafting immigration laws that make sense and then enforcing them strictly. The competing sob story BS is a complete waste of time.

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For every sob story about how some illegal alien is supposedly being mistreated after coming here illegally, there’s a story about some nutjob illegal raping kids, dealing drugs around a school, or murdering a family with an axe. 

We need to focus on crafting immigration laws that make sense and then enforcing them strictly. The competing sob story BS is a complete waste of time.

If we stop illegal immigration none of that would happen?  

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If we make it harder for people to come here illegally or stay here illegally, then yes, less illegals will be here to engage in crimes.

oh good.  i didn't realize that all crime was committed by illegal aliens.  thanks for letting me know.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think you need to reread what I posted. I never said all crime was committed by illegal aliens. 

Then you wpuld know illegal aliens are less likely to engage in criminal activity(outside of being here illegaly, working here illegaly, ect.) Than the citizens of the United States. There are alot of people here illegally. Not very many of them are criminals but its just a very visable minority that is used for political warfare 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/01/18/trumps-claim-that-immigrants-bring-tremendous-crime-is-still-wrong/

• Plus1 2