Immigration Ban

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Attacking the source? Pathetic. Surrender noted. Here’s another one. Illegals cost us a ton of money. At least be honest about it.

When people come here illegally and have children, often called “anchor babies,” they then receive benefits through their children. That’s a big part of the scheme and it costs American taxpayers billions of dollars a year.

I'm attacking the source with critical reasoning because it doesn't stand up. The source is obviously biased and is using half truths and incomplete data. It took me 5 minutes to figure that out, you can do it too. The second article you're quoting doesn't seem to say where their numbers are adding up from, I only briefly scanned it. I have a hunch it's the Border Patrols budget, and maybe DHS overall, which would exist to some extent even if we some how stopped illegal immigration.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, dudeguyy said:

As an aside @Ric Flair I appreciate your candor and willingness to have a back and forth about this & other issues here, even if I disagree with your positions.  I would like it if everyone felt comfortable coming into P&R and sharing their opinions even if others disagree with them. It's a shame that people tend to give up so easily rather than defending an unpopular opinion.

This section has a high number of posts from a limited number of posters.  "Unpopular opinion" is relative based on how few posters are here.

3 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

As an aside @Ric Flair I appreciate your candor and willingness to have a back and forth about this & other issues here, even if I disagree with your positions.  I would like it if everyone felt comfortable coming into P&R and sharing their opinions even if others disagree with them. It's a shame that people tend to give up so easily rather than defending an unpopular opinion.

Thanks Clifford. I appreciate reasoned disagreement. This place would really benefit from some viewpoint diversity.

• 3 weeks later...

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Didn’t know where to put this. I just found this stat amazing. 

That's crazy. I just did some math of my own. They say 6 million Jews were killed from 1941-1945.

That's 2.85 people murdered per minute.

The whole thing started in 1933 with mere encouragement of Jews to leave Germany. Which is why people should take smaller steps more seriously. Horrible things don't usually happen immediately. They have to be introduced gradually to make sure the populace stays numb to it.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

WASHINGTON — It was the kind of story destined to take a dark turn through the conservative news media and grab President Trump’s attention: A vast horde of migrants was making its way through Mexico toward the United States, and no one was stopping them.

“Mysterious group deploys ‘caravan’ of illegal aliens headed for U.S. border,” warned Frontpage Mag, a site run by David Horowitz, a conservative commentator.

The Gateway Pundit, a website that was most recently in the news for spreading conspiracies about the school shooting in Parkland, Fla., suggested the real reason the migrants were trying to enter the United States was to collect social welfare benefits.

And as the president often does when immigration is at issue, he saw a reason for Americans to be afraid. “Getting more dangerous. ‘Caravans’ coming,” a Twitter post from Mr. Trump read.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1

It’s well past time that we do what Mexico and virtually every other country has done and secure our borders. If you want to come here, dp so legally.

Once the borders are secured, we can figure out what to do with DACA and work on reasonable fixes to the immigration system. Chain migration is crazy. We should let people in based on whether they have skills we need, not based on whether they are related to someone already here. 

We also need to fix the Constitution so that being born here doesn’t automatically make one a citizen. Enough with the anchor baby nonsense. 

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s well past time that we do what Mexico and virtually every other country has done and secure our borders. If you want to come here, dp so legally.

Once the borders are secured, we can figure out what to do with DACA and work on reasonable fixes to the immigration system. Chain migration is crazy. We should let people in based on whether they have skills we need, not based on whether they are related to someone already here. 

We also need to fix the Constitution so that being born here doesn’t automatically make one a citizen. Enough with the anchor baby nonsense. 

so...you want to start rewriting parts of the constitution you don't like?  but will scream till you are blue in the face at someone else who wants to pass some sensible gun control laws?

• Plus1 3

Oh yeah, a law-abiding citizen bringing their grandparents here to live with them is so awful.

I personally think you should have to own at least two guns and pass a Real American test before you get your citizenship. I mean we can't just hand it out.

Edited by Clifford Franklin
40 minutes ago, commando said:

so...you want to start rewriting parts of the constitution you don't like?  but will scream till you are blue in the face at someone else who wants to pass some sensible gun control laws?

The Founders made clear they wanted Americans to have the right to own firearms. They never conceived we would have a third world failed state on our border, whose residents would sneak across and have children in an attempt to stay here. If they had, resident citizenship wouldn’t have made it into the Constitution...or at a minimum, would have had qualifiers. But the residents never could have conceived that liberals would turn America into a massive welfare state, making it such an attractive destination for the poor, lazy, etc.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The Founders made clear they wanted Americans to have the right to own firearms. They never conceived we would have a third world failed state on our border, whose residents would sneak across and have children in an attempt to stay here. If they had, resident citizenship wouldn’t have made it into the Constitution...or at a minimum, would have had qualifiers. But the residents never could have conceived that liberals would turn America into a massive welfare state, making it such an attractive destination for the poor, lazy, etc.

they did conceive that kids would have access to weapons that would allow them to go to school and kill a dozen of their classmates and thought that was fine?

20 minutes ago, commando said:

they did conceive that kids would have access to weapons that would allow them to go to school and kill a dozen of their classmates and thought that was fine?

They assumed kids would have parents and said parents would parent said kids. They didn’t conceive of the liberal social welfare state encouraging sexual irresponsibility, people refusing to be responsible for their kids, etc. virtually every one of these school shooting has a common denominator...they come from single parent families where the father is absent.

Boys need fathers to learn to become men. One of the worst aspects of liberalism is the way it has destroyed the traditional family. Society has paid a tremendous price for that.