Immigration Ban

18 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This made me laugh because it’s literally the situation we have right now. Illegal immigration is almost (and maybe is) a non issue because it has steadily decreased for 20+ years now under the pre-Trump policies, and because it likely isn’t a negative for our society. It would be a negative if we just opened up our borders which you’ve falsely claimed is a mainstream liberal goal, but no one who isn’t crazy has called for that.

The status quo on immigration was working perfectly fine, and changing illegal immigration policy is probably the 50th most important thing this country needed to do and is a huge waste of $.

It’s been blown up by Trump because he’s a racist and so are many of his followers, subconsciously or otherwise.

I don't agree with the bold. It's a slow frustrating process. Getting a green card takes nearly a decade. I know a lot of good engineers from various countries that are still waiting for theirs after several years (they're your best and brightest). It could surely be improve. But it has been fairly effective at keeping us safe so far.

5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I don't agree with the bold. It's a slow frustrating process. Getting a green card takes nearly a decade. I know a lot of good engineers from various countries that are still waiting for theirs after several years (they're your best and brightest). It could surely be improve. But it has been fairly effective at keeping us safe so far.

I was talking mostly of illegal immigration, but ya I agree. It took my ex roommate with a Statistics degree 2 years, which comparatively is fast, but she was sponsored by a university and had been living and studying in the U.S. for 7 years prior to that.

I hate the attitude a lot of people have about immigrants in general. I work for a Nebraska company and about half of my area (which would be considered "skilled workers") is immigrants from China, India, Europe, and Africa, because there aren't enough qualified American applicants. They're helping an American company make lots of $. We need these people.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I was talking mostly of illegal immigration, but ya I agree. It took my ex roommate with a Statistics degree 2 years, which comparatively is fast, but she was sponsored by a university and had been living and studying in the U.S. for 7 years prior to that.

Meh, it's far from perfect too. It definitely needs to be improve, but we don't need a stupid expensive wall, we don't need to separate families. We should find a way to keep productive undocumented workers here and get them legal status. How to do that. I don't know.

Trump administration policies towards immigration are cruel and inhumane. Pulling families apart and putting unattended children in cages is a human rights abuse. It's morally repulsive, and I'd hope any Christian would agree with me as a matter of their faith.

The immigration system here is (and has been for a very long time) extremely flawed. It badly needs reformed, and both parties have passed the buck for far too long, partly because of the disparate views on what's best to do within each party, let alone between parties.

Both can be true.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This made me laugh because it’s literally the situation we have right now. Illegal immigration is almost (and maybe is) a non issue because it has steadily decreased for 20+ years now under the pre-Trump policies, and because it likely isn’t a negative for our society. It would be a negative if we just opened up our borders which you’ve falsely claimed is a mainstream liberal goal, but no one who isn’t crazy has called for that.

The status quo on immigration was working perfectly fine, and changing illegal immigration policy is probably the 50th most important thing this country needed to do and is a huge waste of $.

It’s been blown up by Trump because he’s a racist and so are many of his followers, subconsciously or otherwise.

This made me laugh because you clearly haven’t studied the issue and are unaware of the myriad of costs associated with illegal immigration. Along of course with the murders, rapes, and other violent crimes committed by illegals who shouldn’t be here in the first place.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2018 at 2:24 PM, Ric Flair said:

This made me laugh because you clearly haven’t studied the issue and are unaware of the myriad of costs associated with illegal immigration. Along of course with the murders, rapes, and other violent crimes committed by illegals who shouldn’t be here in the first place.

Illegal aliens commit violent crime at a lesser rate than US civilians and this is proven data so please get out with that nonsense. Its untrue or at the very least misleading. 

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/02/607652253/studies-say-illegal-immigration-does-not-increase-violent-crime

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/19/two-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/

https://www.cato.org/blog/murder-mollie-tibbetts-illegal-immigrant-crime-facts

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 10:05 PM, Ric Flair said:

There should be no path to citizenship for those who broke our laws to come here. 

Just so we're being clear, you're saying all of them, right? 

On 9/7/2018 at 10:05 PM, Ric Flair said:

The statistics that illegals commit less crimes than people born here are complete BS and have been thoroughly debunked.

On 9/8/2018 at 9:21 AM, Ric Flair said:

I don't think there are good numbers or reliable data.

lol

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to say this.  If the Democrats are responsible for forming a band of thousands of immigrants marching towards our southern border......Democrats are even dumber than ever even imagined.

PS.....No, I don't think they formed the band of immigrants marching towards our southern border....but, our President wants us all to think that.

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I want to say this.  If the Democrats are responsible for forming a band of thousands of immigrants marching towards our southern border......Democrats are even dumber than ever even imagined.

PS.....No, I don't think they formed the band of immigrants marching towards our southern border....but, our President wants us all to think that.

it wouldn't shock me if the republican party was hiring them to march to our border so they could exploit the talking point.

• Plus1 2