Immigration Ban

• 3 weeks later...

49 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

This appears to be much more of a parent issue, and less a Border Patrol issue

That remains to be seen. From the link above: "Food and water are typically provided to migrants in Border Patrol custody, and it wasn’t immediately clear Thursday if the girl received provisions and a medical exam before the onset of seizures."

• Plus1 1

I'm interested in learning more about this.  But, I have to think that the girl was already over heated and dehydrated when the border patrol found her. It's a horrible situation and I feel very sorry for the girl and her family.  But, it sure seems to me that it's possible the border patrol is put in a very difficult situation here that makes them look bad.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

That remains to be seen. From the link above: "Food and water are typically provided to migrants in Border Patrol custody, and it wasn’t immediately clear Thursday if the girl received provisions and a medical exam before the onset of seizures."

also from the link above: "eight hours later, the child began having seizures at 6:25 a.m., CBP records show. Emergency responders, who arrived soon after, measured her body temperature at 105.7 degrees, and according to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

also from the link above: "eight hours later, the child began having seizures at 6:25 a.m., CBP records show. Emergency responders, who arrived soon after, measured her body temperature at 105.7 degrees, and according to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

Yep. So what was CBP doing during the 8 hours they were detaining her and her father? Were they checking on the condition of the detainees and seeing to their needs?

Because once you've detained someone, you're responsible for their well-being. CBP might have done all the right things, but I want to see an investigation to determine what went wrong and what could be done to prevent this.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

she was in custody for 8 hours...but apparently hadn't received any food or water in that time?   if that's the case i think the border patrol is more at fault than anyone would care to admit.