Immigration Ban

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

This part of the article doesn't make sense:

Agents arranged for an ambulance to meet the family's bus at the border patrol station in Lordsburg about 90 miles away.

When they arrived at the station around an hour and a half later, Caal told authorities his daughter had stopped breathing. Border Patrol emergency medical technicians began administering medical care and called an ambulance, according to DHS.

Why would they need to call an ambulance if they'd already called an hour and a half earlier to have one meet the bus?

1 hour ago, commando said:

lol

That's a nice troll by the person that did that.   I'm more miffed/baffled that 4.6 million has been donated.   It's really hard for me to understand that mindset of wanting the wall so badly that you are willing to pony up money for it.

5 hours ago, sho said:

That's a nice troll by the person that did that.   I'm more miffed/baffled that 4.6 million has been donated.   It's really hard for me to understand that mindset of wanting the wall so badly that you are willing to pony up money for it.

I don't understand why media is giving this attention.  It should be giving more attention to the fact that none of this money will actually ever go to the government to build a wall.

• 3 weeks later...

Graham and some other GOP senators are supposedly trying to work on a deal with Democrats that would give Trump the wall and them stuff with DACA and H1B visas.

Hopefully the Democrats aren't dumb enough to fall for a promise again. And I don't want them to cave just for DACA and H1B visas. Ask for more than that. Ask for SNAP funding to go back to previous levels. Make some laws on environmental protections that will nullify Trump's executive orders.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Oade said:

One could make the argument that building a wall would help protect the environment. But yeah, the Dems should ask for more once they finally find some middle ground, lol.

https://www.azbordertrash.gov/

https://www.cis.org/Sussis/Trash-Border-Highlights-Environmental-Cost-Illegal-Immigration

I don't want them to get played. Trump is on the stupid side here. He obviously thinks he needs this for the election, and I like to believe he's taking most of the blame for this. The Democrats shouldn't give in for almost nothing. DACA isn't enough. It only affects a tiny % of the population.

• Plus1 1

Idk whether Trump thinks he needs this for re-election or not, but I don't think he does need it. This has far more impact to the Republicans at all other levels both in DC and across the county than it does Trump, imo. If Republicans in Congress as a whole fold on this, then they won't be re-elected.... However, imo, Trumps fate will essentially be made up by the electability of whoever wins the Democratic ticket, and I like to think Trump understands that. He doesn't need a big policy or moment to hang his hat on, he needs the Democrats to shoot themselves in the foot, and longer this plays out, the more likely that is to happen.

Beyond that, regardless of a wall, or anything else, if the best the Democrats can put forth is Clinton or Biden, Trump has a good shot.