Immigration Ban

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Trump does not have a good shot versus Biden.  

Probably not, but I've seen those videos of him uncomfortably holding/embracing young girls so who knows maybe somebody's got some smoking gun scandal just waiting to drop on the guy. Wouldn't be surprising imo.

Check this out though.

• Plus1 2

55 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Probably not, but I've seen those videos of him uncomfortably holding/embracing young girls so who knows maybe somebody's got some smoking gun scandal just waiting to drop on the guy. Wouldn't be surprising imo.

Check this out though.

That video is nuts 

7 hours ago, Oade said:

One could make the argument that building a wall would help protect the environment. But yeah, the Dems should ask for more once they finally find some middle ground, lol.

https://www.azbordertrash.gov/

https://www.cis.org/Sussis/Trash-Border-Highlights-Environmental-Cost-Illegal-Immigration

This article talks about how the opposite would probably be true.

When we talk about the consequences of the 33 miles of proposed wall at the US-Mexico border, we usually think in terms of people: who will approve it, who will build it, who will be separated by it. But along the political divide are rich pockets of biodiversity, with dwindling populations of species that move back and forth across the border. 

Building a wall through those habitats and migration pathways could spell disaster many of these species of reptiles, mammals, and birds. Man-made barriers have been linked to a decrease in genetic diversity, even when they’re semi-permeable. And they’re often better at blocking animal movement than they are at blocking humans. For species like mule deer in Arizona, that can pose a serious threat to their survival.

I'm not a huge supporter of the wall, but I'm very much against illegal immigration. It wasn't that long ago when prominent Democrats were opposed to it as well. There are video clips of Obama, and Bill Clinton calling for more border security, calling them criminals, Obama warning against illegal aliens bringing their children to the border, because they wouldn't be allowed in. Hillary calling for "physical barriers" as a deterrent as recently as 2015. Chuck himself saying "illegal aliens should not be treated the same as US citizens".... So what the left is spinning in the media now is nothing more than political grandstanding.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not a huge supporter of the wall, but I'm very much against illegal immigration. It wasn't that long ago when prominent Democrats were opposed to it as well.

I have not seen anything that makes me believe that the Democrats aren't against illegal immigration still.  Obama had more deportations during his presidency than his predecessors....even Republicans.  The number of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border dropped precipitously throughout his term.  

From what I have been shown here, the Dems have passed a bill in the house to fund border security and increase border patrols by 300 with more equipment.

What has killed Trump on this issue is his hatred rhetoric from clear back in the election.  It's the same rhetoric that built up the excitement within the KKK and Neo Nazis during that time.  It's hatred for specifically any immigrant that isn't European and white.  It's all the comments about "s#!t hole countries" and banning immigration from certain areas or religions.  It's the completely false statements about Mexican immigrants bringing diseases and how terrorists are at our southern border trying to cross.  They are invading our country to kill us all.  All of that has been debunked by people who actually know the facts on the border.

Now, the Trumpsters will come back and call that all BS and that he's for legal immigration.  BUT....he has also spoke out about how he is going to shut down legal immigration.  You know....the "chain migration" issues?  The ones that's the same as how his inlaws became citizens just last year?  Yep....that's legal immigration and he wants to shut that down too.....well....after his family takes advantage of it.

You see.....he is the one that has created this entire mess with what he has said and what he has done and is complete lack of knowledge on the issues.  Peter King absolutely LOVES the guy and he can't figure out why "white supremacy" is a bad term.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not a huge supporter of the wall, but I'm very much against illegal immigration. It wasn't that long ago when prominent Democrats were opposed to it as well. There are video clips of Obama, and Bill Clinton calling for more border security, calling them criminals, Obama warning against illegal aliens bringing their children to the border, because they wouldn't be allowed in. Hillary calling for "physical barriers" as a deterrent as recently as 2015. Chuck himself saying "illegal aliens should not be treated the same as US citizens".... So what the left is spinning in the media now is nothing more than political grandstanding.

Democrats in the house have approved $1.2B for fence and barrier upgrades

They have approved $7B to fund ICE

They have approved millions for new tech and hiring more agents

What they are saying is that $5.7B for a wall that will not solve the issue is a misappropriation of funds and they will not stand behind it.

Democrats do not approve of illegal immigration.  They think immigration and customs and border protection needs reform, not a giant concrete wall.  

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have not seen anything that makes me believe that the Democrats aren't against illegal immigration still.  Obama had more deportations during his presidency than his predecessors....even Republicans.  The number of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border dropped precipitously throughout his term.  

From what I have been shown here, the Dems have passed a bill in the house to fund border security and increase border patrols by 300 with more equipment.

What has killed Trump on this issue is his hatred rhetoric from clear back in the election.  It's the same rhetoric that built up the excitement within the KKK and Neo Nazis during that time.  It's hatred for specifically any immigrant that isn't European and white.  It's all the comments about "s#!t hole countries" and banning immigration from certain areas or religions.  It's the completely false statements about Mexican immigrants bringing diseases and how terrorists are at our southern border trying to cross.  They are invading our country to kill us all.  All of that has been debunked by people who actually know the facts on the border.

Now, the Trumpsters will come back and call that all BS and that he's for legal immigration.  BUT....he has also spoke out about how he is going to shut down legal immigration.  You know....the "chain migration" issues?  The ones that's the same as how his inlaws became citizens just last year?  Yep....that's legal immigration and he wants to shut that down too.....well....after his family takes advantage of it.

You see.....he is the one that has created this entire mess with what he has said and what he has done and is complete lack of knowledge on the issues.  Peter King absolutely LOVES the guy and he can't figure out why "white supremacy" is a bad term.

Trump is a piece of s#!t. It still doesn't change the contradictions they've made. Outside of the price tag (I guess) there is nothing harmful about building a wall on the southern border. I dont believe it will completely stop illegal immigration, or drug entry, etc. But it's f#&%in harmless. (Except for the animals I guess :dunno)

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Democrats in the house have approved $1.2B for fence and barrier upgrades

They have approved $7B to fund ICE

They have approved millions for new tech and hiring more agents

What they are saying is that $5.7B for a wall that will not solve the issue is a misappropriation of funds and they will not stand behind it.

Democrats do not approve of illegal immigration.  They think immigration and customs and border protection needs reform, not a giant concrete wall.  

It's political grandstanding. The Democrats aren't concerned with the distribution of funds until it's convenient.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Trump is a piece of s#!t. It still doesn't change the contradictions they've made. Outside of the price tag (I guess) there is nothing harmful about building a wall on the southern border. I dont believe it will completely stop illegal immigration, or drug entry, etc. But it's f#&%in harmless. (Except for the animals I guess :dunno)

Well, Trump has himself to blame for this entire argument.

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The republicans said that there was no money ($3.4B) for insuring children but yet there's $5.7B for a f#&%ing wall?  That's not harmless to you?

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

It's political grandstanding. The Democrats aren't concerned with the distribution of funds until it's convenient.

Uh what?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1