Immigration Ban

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have not seen anything that makes me believe that the Democrats aren't against illegal immigration still.  Obama had more deportations during his presidency than his predecessors....even Republicans.  The number of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border dropped precipitously throughout his term.  

From what I have been shown here, the Dems have passed a bill in the house to fund border security and increase border patrols by 300 with more equipment.

What has killed Trump on this issue is his hatred rhetoric from clear back in the election.  It's the same rhetoric that built up the excitement within the KKK and Neo Nazis during that time.  It's hatred for specifically any immigrant that isn't European and white.  It's all the comments about "s#!t hole countries" and banning immigration from certain areas or religions.  It's the completely false statements about Mexican immigrants bringing diseases and how terrorists are at our southern border trying to cross.  They are invading our country to kill us all.  All of that has been debunked by people who actually know the facts on the border.

Now, the Trumpsters will come back and call that all BS and that he's for legal immigration.  BUT....he has also spoke out about how he is going to shut down legal immigration.  You know....the "chain migration" issues?  The ones that's the same as how his inlaws became citizens just last year?  Yep....that's legal immigration and he wants to shut that down too.....well....after his family takes advantage of it.

You see.....he is the one that has created this entire mess with what he has said and what he has done and is complete lack of knowledge on the issues.  Peter King absolutely LOVES the guy and he can't figure out why "white supremacy" is a bad term.

Agree.  And to add to your explanation about how Trump is not truly pro legal immigration:  this whole "crisis" was built upon the caravan of people coming to the US to seek asylum and ports of entry.  This is completely legal.  They are not "illegal" until they fail to show up for court appearances, which is an issue that can't be solved with a "wall".

• Plus1 3

12 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

:facepalm:

I don't know how many times I have to remind you all that I'm not a Trump guy. It's not hitting home!

You're asking what the issues are from the Democrats side.  We are telling you.  But, when we do, you come back with...."But, I'm not a Trump supporter".  Well....he's who the Dems are negotiating with.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Oade said:

One could make the argument that building a wall would help protect the environment. But yeah, the Dems should ask for more once they finally find some middle ground, lol.

https://www.azbordertrash.gov/

https://www.cis.org/Sussis/Trash-Border-Highlights-Environmental-Cost-Illegal-Immigration

It would also negatively affect animals that live in the area if there is a giant wall blocking where they need to go.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

One Republican might understand the slippery slope here

As a rule of thumb, never bet on political courage from Marco Rubio.

But I do find it odd he seems to think trying to address climate change in a meaningful way so we can actually leave a planet for our grandkids and their kids instead of speeding up the planet’s demise is somehow equivalent to an ineffective, wasteful boondoggle.

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Clifford Franklin said:

But I do find it odd he seems to think trying to address climate change in a meaningful way so we can actually leave a planet for our grandkids and their kids instead of speeding up the planet’s demise is somehow equivalent to an ineffective, wasteful boondoggle.

Oh don’t get my comment wrong.  I think he drew a very bad comparison. I just think he’s on to something when he’s telling the GOP to think about the consequences of “National Emergency “ declarations that aren’t seen by all as one.  

Its a lot like when the Dems used the “nuclear” rule to pass legislation and then it opened the floodgates for the GOP to do the same thing.  Which they did

37 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Careful, you might get one of those "eyerolls" :D

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Rubio is definitely smart enough to know the implications of this move - they’re obviously bad. He’s just not principled enough to do anything if Trump ultimately does it.

If/when it happens, Rubio won’t say a word about it. When push comes to shove it’s GOP over country.

He’ll say he’s “troubled”

I think that’s the new GOP slogan

• Plus1 2