Immigration Ban

23 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

One Republican might understand the slippery slope here

....climate change is a national emergency :lol: it's a global emergency. RIGHT NOW. 

isn't there a reddit sub about cases where someone's rhetorical reactionary take to something is actually true and would be awesome if people believed it? lol

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

....climate change is a national emergency :lol: it's a global emergency. RIGHT NOW. 

isn't there a reddit sub about cases where someone's rhetorical reactionary take to something is actually true and would be awesome if people believed it? lol

I agree that it's a national/global emergency.  But the fact that he recognizes that if a wall could be deemed a national emergency, then what's to stop the next president for using those powers for pet projects.

It's a lot like when McConnell warned Schumer about the "nuclear" vote.  He told him it would come back to bite him and it did last year.

I too could care less about a wall. For me, it comes down to national security and stopping illegal immigrants from pouring into this country. If that means a wall covering the areas with the highest movement, fine. If that means more law enforcement, fine. But at the end of the day, I do not sympathize with illegals bringing their children as pawns, and much of the media/dems playing this up. If I were going to rob a bank or do something illegal, I sure as hell wouldn’t bring my child with me.  

Trump feels as though he has to be loyal to his voters and play tough on the wall. This is the reason I don’t like a bipartisan government.  The fact that those two goons were the best candidates out of 320 million people is baffling. The dems need to go younger in the future. 

Side note - Can we enact an age limit on politicians, mainly president, congress, and SCOTUS? Watching all this play out lately, it seems like congress is actually being filmed at a retirement home. RBG is 85.  McConnell  is old as dirt. Trump could be my grandpa. Sanders would be 87 if he was president for 2 terms. It’s crazy to me how much older our reps are than the average population. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I too could care less about a wall. For me, it comes down to national security and stopping illegal immigrants from pouring into this country. If that means a wall covering the areas with the highest movement, fine. If that means more law enforcement, fine. But at the end of the day, I do not sympathize with illegals bringing their children as pawns, and much of the media/dems playing this up. If I were going to rob a bank or do something illegal, I sure as hell wouldn’t bring my child with me.  

Trump feels as though he has to be loyal to his voters and play tough on the wall. This is the reason I don’t like a bipartisan government.  The fact that those two goons were the best candidates out of 320 million people is baffling. The dems need to go younger in the future. 

Side note - Can we enact an age limit on politicians, mainly president, congress, and SCOTUS? Watching all this play out lately, it seems like congress is actually being filmed at a retirement home. RBG is 85.  McConnell  is old as dirt. Trump could be my grandpa. Sanders would be 87 if he was president for 2 terms. It’s crazy to me how much older our reps are than the average population. 

Yeah.  Sympathizing with people willing to do anything to escape their horrible conditions and and try to create a better life for their children is a terrible idea.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Yeah.  Sympathizing with people willing to do anything to escape their horrible conditions and and try to create a better life for their children is a terrible idea.  

It’s sh$@ty, but at some point what can we do? What about all the Africans or Asians that live in poor conditions? What about all those having trouble feeding themselves that were born inside our borders?  I feel for them, and it’s the same reason I’m so glad to be an American, but what can we do? Increase the tens and hundreds of billions that we spend yearly on illegal immigration? Let’s here it. 

11 minutes ago, commando said:

well.....it is true

DwqOMCuVsAIMt9p.jpg:large

I’m so glad your parents aren’t mine 

• Plus1 1