Immigration Ban

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Didn't  he contradict himself in the same post :dunno    'millions ... found their way into "  and  'Mexico... doing a very good job of stopping people'    Just sayin,   seems like those don't go together.

4 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Didn't  he contradict himself in the same post :dunno    'millions ... found their way into "  and  'Mexico... doing a very good job of stopping people'    Just sayin,   seems like those don't go together.

From reports this morning, I think he's talking about rounding up and deporting the millions of illegals that are already in the country.  Some living here for a long time. We've discussed on here before the total disaster that would be for everyone including the economy.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, sending back millions will be a logistics nightmare at minimum and a human catastrophe at worse

And, it's been shown that it would cost an unbelievable amount of money and we don't have the staff and infrastructure to actually accomplish it.

Just one more example proving the guy is an absolute idiot.

He's selling out to try to please his base.

It's funny because there are those who argue Democrats cannot beat Trump by trying to appeal to moderate/swing/independent voters and their best shot is to try to nominate someone who can maximize turnout of their own base.

Trump's governance is going to test the latter strategy. I have my doubts as to whether it will work.

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, it's been shown that it would cost an unbelievable amount of money and we don't have the staff and infrastructure to actually accomplish it.

Just one more example proving the guy is an absolute idiot.

Another empty promise he can't keep.  But if he says it enough, the base will believe he is actually doing it.  Like building the wall - which very little has been built.  The guy is an empty suit, a balloon wt hot air, a buffoon with no depth, and an emperor (in his mind) wt no clothing.  

34 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's funny because there are those who argue Democrats cannot beat Trump by trying to appeal to moderate/swing/independent voters and their best shot is to try to nominate someone who can maximize turnout of their own base.

Trump's governance is going to test the latter strategy. I have my doubts as to whether it will work.

I'm thinking his base is shrinking - at least the base that got him elected (maybe not the radical hard core).  The normally Dem voters in the rust belt states who got him elected have got to see his failures to keep his promises to protect their jobs.     I think the Dems can appeal to the moderate/swing/indep voter - their case should be very easy to present. 

47 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I strongly disagree that moderates and swing/independent voters are the same group or that they'd mostly find the same policies appealing.

53 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

He's definitely selling out to his base.  He's been doing that for the last couple of years.  He goes to rallies where his base is and panders to them constantly and has no desire to try to ever please anyone else.  He sees the love they throw at him and he thinks it's the vast majority of Americans that feel that way.  

44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He's definitely selling out to his base.  He's been doing that for the last couple of years.  He goes to rallies where his base is and panders to them constantly and has no desire to try to ever please anyone else.  He sees the love they throw at him and he thinks it's the vast majority of Americans that feel that way.  

And he attacks the polls that tell him otherwise - that not all are adoring fans.  But good feelings TRUMPs the facts in Trump world.  :goalposts:

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I'm thinking his base is shrinking - at least the base that got him elected (maybe not the radical hard core).  The normally Dem voters in the rust belt states who got him elected have got to see his failures to keep his promises to protect their jobs.     I think the Dems can appeal to the moderate/swing/indep voter - their case should be very easy to present. 

I'd like to hear that case. The Dems have no platform besides promising free stuff.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

I'd like to hear that case. The Dems have no platform besides promising free stuff.

free stuff?  like the republicans offering that you will pay no taxes and get roads and defense and stuff for free?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, commando said:

free stuff?  like the republicans offering that you will pay no taxes and get roads and defense and stuff for free?

I don't think a republican has ever ran on the concept of paying NO taxes. Also, military spending has increased under republican leadership and so has infrastructure support.

I guess we could go back to giving money to Iran and Hezbollah with Biden. :dunno

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

I don't think a republican has ever ran on the concept of paying NO taxes. Also, military spending has increased under republican leadership and so has infrastructure support.

I guess we could go back to giving money to Iran and Hezbollah with Biden. :dunno

only the big corporations get no taxes.  heck...some of the biggest corps paid 0 taxes and got millions in refunds last year.   us peons got a buck or 2 reduced from our taxes for a couple years.    and now the deficit is spiraling upwards faster than a saturn rocket heading for the moon.   but hey....it's all good

and lol......planeloads of free money to iran.   lol.    you have absolutely no idea what that was about and you refuse to believe anything other than obama just giving it to them.   it's ok.   thats what the propaganda ministers want you to believe.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1