Immigration Ban

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

At least they rejected it.  

However, I have the feeling everyone had to convince Trump it was a bad idea.

And how many of those people are gone now... why the f#&% when the snakes and alligators moat came up did they not immediately do what's necessary and get rid of him?

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Oh look, more human rights abuses! 

Sadly for much of the country it won't matter because they're foreigners who "chose to come here illegally."

I would like to see some evidence, or proof of this. A whistleblower calling for an investigation does not equal factual evidence. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I would like to see some evidence, or proof of this. A whistleblower calling for an investigation does not equal factual evidence. 

I would like to see more hard evidence as well.

That said, I'm more inclined to believe this than not, as this tracks with everything we've seen from ICE/DHS under Trump.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • 10 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Say what now...?

I can see arguments for both Abbott and Biden’s perspective.  But we need to realize these are migrants that have already been “booked” and will be awaiting immigration hearings.  The feds aren’t suing to keep LEOs from apprehending people at the border crossing illegally.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, funhusker said:

I can see arguments for both Abbott and Biden’s perspective.  But we need to realize these are migrants that have already been “booked” and will be awaiting immigration hearings.  The feds aren’t suing to keep LEOs from apprehending people at the border crossing illegally.

Okay, that makes sense. 

12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I'm not sure who is trying to politicize it more...? I see both arguments, but tend to side with Abbott here.

I probably would too if Abbott seemed concern about the spread of COVID among "legal" residents.  Instead this just seems like Abbott is finding a way to "be tough on immigration" just because.  That seems like more of a political grand stand.  Too add, it possibly makes the clusterf#&% of US immigration law enforcement even more of a train wreck.  

It will be an interesting case as the courts decide who gets the right of way.  

• Plus1 1

It will be interesting if Courts side with Abbott that he has the authority to overrule federal govt in the name of public safety.  I could see local school districts and/or cities in Texas then suing to override Abbott's order to ban mask/vaccination mandates in the name of public safety.

The real show might be a couple months down the road!

Edit: I meant to put this post in the COVID thread.  Mods, feel free to get rid of this one since it doesn't really fit here...

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Stephen makes a good point on the different standards applied to a President based on the political affiliation. Instead of where’s Waldo, Where’s Jim Acosta?

The GOP should run with this.  It’s a problem.

But then they might have to explain how Biden is letting illegals pour through the border and simultaneously are apprehending too many…

And Dems look like turds, what’s new?

• Plus1 2
On 9/15/2020 at 10:11 AM, DevoHusker said:

Yeah, this sounds pretty stupid and is likely not true. Investigate it, sure. But it is almost certainly untrue. 

As for "abolish ICE", any Democrat running on that message or any pushing that message within the party deserves to lose. It is not only a dumb idea, but it will also cost them elections in an environment where they already play at a massive disadvantage. 

• Plus1 1