Immigration Ban

Yay another super bowl filled with political commercials #NotMySuperBowl

toughen up snowflake
I'm not the one who's being snowflaking for the past month about Trump sir......the guy I voted for won the election. Life is great
Then why do you complain so much?
  • Fire 5

toughen up snowflake
I'm not the one who's being snowflaking for the past month about Trump sir......the guy I voted for won the election electoral college, but lost the popular vote by over two million votes. Life is great

FFA

toughen up snowflake
I'm not the one who's being snowflaking for the past month about Trump sir......the guy I voted for won the election. Life is great
Then why do you complain so much?
You lost me?.....

There is legal precedent for Trump's EO. This is all a bunch of whiny nonsense. It's 90 days.

It's unconstitutional to use religion as a factor in whether or not to allow someone into the country.

"If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible and the reason that was so unfair -- everybody was persecuted, in all fairness -- but they were chopping off the heads of everybody but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them."

So, Trump says Christian refugees will be prioritized.

Now, it doesn't seem that has happened yet. But it's worth stopping the ban and taking this to court at the very least to show Trump he won't be allowed to implement his plan to prioritize (or stop) immigrants based on religion.

Now all of that said, something being illegal or not shouldn't determine whether you think it's right. That's a silly reason to be for or against something.

I've heard from multiple people that "Obama did the same thing." No. He didn't. He had vetting of Iraqis looked at because of an incident and slowed down the entry for Iraqi holders of one type of visa. This never at any time applied to green card holders. People work towards green cards for years and years. I have a friend who's been here 6 years and *almost* has her green card. I have a co-worker who just got his after 6 years.

In relation to what I said about right and wrong, it doesn't matter what Obama did. He's not president anymore, and people who are against one thing Trump does are not for every single thing Obama did. Not sure that's the precedent you mean but it's the one cited most often.

Last but not least, anyone who thinks this will still be a temporary ban if even 1 American is killed in the U.S. by a Muslim of Arabic descent is most likely mistaken.

So it's OK in your mind to let in people who belong to major Muslim factions but deny the most persecuted in the country because they are Christians? If it were up to me I wouldn't let any Muslims into this country after seeing what the refugees have done to the countries in Europe. I think all of you that are so intent on letting them in should take a field trip to the countries listed and see if these are people who really want to come and become Americans and see if you feel they would make good neighbors. Muslim boys in school will not listen to female teachers here in Nebraska because they are taught women are property from birth and have no authority over a male, they refuse medical treatment from women health care providers, Muslim men will step into line right in front of you and know that people here will not do anything about it. They are rude, ignore the laws and cause a lot of problems....but your right we should let them all in so you can feel better about it.

Let's be honest, you just don't like that it may be critical of your side.

I'm sure you weren't offended by shots of VP Pence in a suite watching the game.

• Fire 2

There is legal precedent for Trump's EO. This is all a bunch of whiny nonsense. It's 90 days.

It's unconstitutional to use religion as a factor in whether or not to allow someone into the country.

"If you were a Muslim you could come in, but if you were a Christian, it was almost impossible and the reason that was so unfair -- everybody was persecuted, in all fairness -- but they were chopping off the heads of everybody but more so the Christians. And I thought it was very, very unfair. So we are going to help them."

Now, it doesn't seem that has happened yet. But it's worth stopping the ban and taking this to court at the very least to show Trump he won't be allowed to implement his plan to prioritize (or stop) immigrants based on religion.

Now all of that said, something being illegal or not shouldn't determine whether you think it's right. That's a silly reason to be for or against something.

I've heard from multiple people that "Obama did the same thing." No. He didn't. He had vetting of Iraqis looked at because of an incident and slowed down the entry for Iraqi holders of one type of visa. This never at any time applied to green card holders. People work towards green cards for years and years. I have a friend who's been here 6 years and *almost* has her green card. I have a co-worker who just got his after 6 years.

In relation to what I said about right and wrong, it doesn't matter what Obama did. He's not president anymore, and people who are against one thing Trump does are not for every single thing Obama did. Not sure that's the precedent you mean but it's the one cited most often.

Last but not least, anyone who thinks this will still be a temporary ban if even 1 American is killed in the U.S. by a Muslim of Arabic descent is most likely mistaken.

So it's OK in your mind to let in people who belong to major Muslim factions but deny the most persecuted in the country because they are Christians? If it were up to me I wouldn't let any Muslims into this country after seeing what the refugees have done to the countries in Europe. I think all of you that are so intent on letting them in should take a field trip to the countries listed and see if these are people who really want to come and become Americans and see if you feel they would make good neighbors. Muslim boys in school will not listen to female teachers here in Nebraska because they are taught women are property from birth and have no authority over a male, they refuse medical treatment from women health care providers, Muslim men will step into line right in front of you and know that people here will not do anything about it. They are rude, ignore the laws and cause a lot of problems....but your right we should let them all in so you can feel better about it.

Where have you been in Europe to have these interactions?

Uh... what? I live in the Detroit metro, probably the most densely populated area for muslims in the US and I have literally seen or heard none of these things you just listed. I had Muslim professors in college at UNL and they treated everyone (no matter sex or religion) with the up most respect.

Yes Christians have been murder by ISIS, but by far and away many more Muslims have been murder by the group.

• Fire 6

I'm sure you weren't offended shots of VP Pence in a suite watching the game.

No it's not that at all

The Super Bowl for several years/decades was an event where we as fans could enjoy a football game but there were a lot of viewers who tuned in because of the commercials.

It was a day where we could forget crap like politics, religion, a crapping week of work, etc and watch a football game and laugh at all of the funny commercials.

Your interpretation of my post is that I think we should let Muslims in but deny Christians.

That's really all I need to know about you. It's impossible to talk to people who can't interpret basic sentences correctly.

I'm sure you weren't offended shots of VP Pence in a suite watching the game.

No it's not that at all

The Super Bowl for several years/decades was an event where we as fans could enjoy a football game but there were a lot of viewers who tuned in because of the commercials.

It was a day where we could forget crap like politics, religion, a crapping week of work, etc and watch a football game and laugh at all of the funny commercials.

animated-clip-art-snow-falling-index-of-

;):lol:

• Fire 5

I think all of you that are so intent on letting them in should take a field trip to the countries listed and see if these are people who really want to come and become Americans and see if you feel they would make good neighbors. Muslim boys in school will not listen to female teachers here in Nebraska because they are taught women are property from birth and have no authority over a male, they refuse medical treatment from women health care providers, Muslim men will step into line right in front of you and know that people here will not do anything about it. They are rude, ignore the laws and cause a lot of problems....but your right we should let them all in so you can feel better about it.

The coincidence of this post just after this story was printed is too good to be true.

• Fire 4