Jump to content
zoogs

Immigration Ban

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

In case you’re interested. 

 

 

 

Even with a valid passport crossing at San Ysidro on some days can take hours by car. With the amount of people that rely on that entry point, it would be crazy to shut it down.

 

https://www.bordertraffic.com/California-Baja/San-Ysidro-Tijuana/Pedestrian.aspx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, commando said:

keep s#!tting those bricks donnie and you will soon have enough for your wall.

 

 

I thought team Trump was complaining that Mueller's mandate was too wide. Now they want it to be even larger in size? I'm so confused...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Interesting the conservative leaning people on this board aren't in here condemning the use of tear gas on children.  Whodathought?

Guy on CNN last night was saying it was an Obama policy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fru said:

 

Tell me again about how Pro Life the GOP is. 

Come on Fru, you know they only care about children that live in wombs.

  • Plus1 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Come on Fru, you know they only care about children that live in wombs.

 

That's right. I must've spaced it. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

 

This appears to be much more of a parent issue, and less a Border Patrol issue

That remains to be seen. From the link above: "Food and water are typically provided to migrants in Border Patrol custody, and it wasn’t immediately clear Thursday if the girl received provisions and a medical exam before the onset of seizures."

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested in learning more about this.  But, I have to think that the girl was already over heated and dehydrated when the border patrol found her. It's a horrible situation and I feel very sorry for the girl and her family.  But, it sure seems to me that it's possible the border patrol is put in a very difficult situation here that makes them look bad.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

That remains to be seen. From the link above: "Food and water are typically provided to migrants in Border Patrol custody, and it wasn’t immediately clear Thursday if the girl received provisions and a medical exam before the onset of seizures."

 

also from the link above: "eight hours later, the child began having seizures at 6:25 a.m., CBP records show. Emergency responders, who arrived soon after, measured her body temperature at 105.7 degrees, and according to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

 

also from the link above: "eight hours later, the child began having seizures at 6:25 a.m., CBP records show. Emergency responders, who arrived soon after, measured her body temperature at 105.7 degrees, and according to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

Yep. So what was CBP doing during the 8 hours they were detaining her and her father? Were they checking on the condition of the detainees and seeing to their needs?

 

Because once you've detained someone, you're responsible for their well-being. CBP might have done all the right things, but I want to see an investigation to determine what went wrong and what could be done to prevent this.

  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

 

also from the link above: "eight hours later, the child began having seizures at 6:25 a.m., CBP records show. Emergency responders, who arrived soon after, measured her body temperature at 105.7 degrees, and according to a statement from CBP, she “reportedly had not eaten or consumed water for several days.”

she was in custody for 8 hours...but apparently hadn't received any food or water in that time?   if that's the case i think the border patrol is more at fault than anyone would care to admit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

This part of the article doesn't make sense:

Quote

 

Agents arranged for an ambulance to meet the family's bus at the border patrol station in Lordsburg about 90 miles away.

When they arrived at the station around an hour and a half later, Caal told authorities his daughter had stopped breathing. Border Patrol emergency medical technicians began administering medical care and called an ambulance, according to DHS.

 

Why would they need to call an ambulance if they'd already called an hour and a half earlier to have one meet the bus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, commando said:

lol

 

 

That's a nice troll by the person that did that.   I'm more miffed/baffled that 4.6 million has been donated.   It's really hard for me to understand that mindset of wanting the wall so badly that you are willing to pony up money for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sho said:

That's a nice troll by the person that did that.   I'm more miffed/baffled that 4.6 million has been donated.   It's really hard for me to understand that mindset of wanting the wall so badly that you are willing to pony up money for it.

 

I don't understand why media is giving this attention.  It should be giving more attention to the fact that none of this money will actually ever go to the government to build a wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so donnie...what advice would you give someone with a big concrete wall in front of them?

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graham and some other GOP senators are supposedly trying to work on a deal with Democrats that would give Trump the wall and them stuff with DACA and H1B visas.

 

Hopefully the Democrats aren't dumb enough to fall for a promise again. And I don't want them to cave just for DACA and H1B visas. Ask for more than that. Ask for SNAP funding to go back to previous levels. Make some laws on environmental protections that will nullify Trump's executive orders.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oade said:

One could make the argument that building a wall would help protect the environment. But yeah, the Dems should ask for more once they finally find some middle ground, lol.

 

https://www.azbordertrash.gov/

 

https://www.cis.org/Sussis/Trash-Border-Highlights-Environmental-Cost-Illegal-Immigration

 

 

 

I don't want them to get played. Trump is on the stupid side here. He obviously thinks he needs this for the election, and I like to believe he's taking most of the blame for this. The Democrats shouldn't give in for almost nothing. DACA isn't enough. It only affects a tiny % of the population.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk whether Trump thinks he needs this for re-election or not, but I don't think he does need it. This has far more impact to the Republicans at all other levels both in DC and across the county than it does Trump, imo. If Republicans in Congress as a whole fold on this, then they won't be re-elected.... However, imo, Trumps fate will essentially be made up by the electability of whoever wins the Democratic ticket, and I like to think Trump understands that. He doesn't need a big policy or moment to hang his hat on, he needs the Democrats to shoot themselves in the foot, and longer this plays out, the more likely that is to happen.

 

Beyond that, regardless of a wall, or anything else, if the best the Democrats can put forth is Clinton or Biden, Trump has a good shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Oade said:

Beyond that, regardless of a wall, or anything else, if the best the Democrats can put forth is Clinton or Biden, Trump has a good shot.

 

Trump does not have a good shot versus Biden.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

 

Trump does not have a good shot versus Biden.  

 

 

Probably not, but I've seen those videos of him uncomfortably holding/embracing young girls so who knows maybe somebody's got some smoking gun scandal just waiting to drop on the guy. Wouldn't be surprising imo.

 

 

Check this out though.

 

 

 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Landlord said:

 

 

Probably not, but I've seen those videos of him uncomfortably holding/embracing young girls so who knows maybe somebody's got some smoking gun scandal just waiting to drop on the guy. Wouldn't be surprising imo.

 

 

Check this out though.

 

 

 

That video is nuts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fru said:

 

*sigh*

 

2f7.png

 

That's honestly one of the stupidest things he's ever said. And we all know how much utter nonsense flows forth from this man on a daily basis.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oade said:

One could make the argument that building a wall would help protect the environment. But yeah, the Dems should ask for more once they finally find some middle ground, lol.

  

https://www.azbordertrash.gov/

 

https://www.cis.org/Sussis/Trash-Border-Highlights-Environmental-Cost-Illegal-Immigration

 

 

This article talks about how the opposite would probably be true.

 

 

Quote

When we talk about the consequences of the 33 miles of proposed wall at the US-Mexico border, we usually think in terms of people: who will approve it, who will build it, who will be separated by it. But along the political divide are rich pockets of biodiversity, with dwindling populations of species that move back and forth across the border. 
 

Building a wall through those habitats and migration pathways could spell disaster many of these species of reptiles, mammals, and birds. Man-made barriers have been linked to a decrease in genetic diversity, even when they’re semi-permeable. And they’re often better at blocking animal movement than they are at blocking humans. For species like mule deer in Arizona, that can pose a serious threat to their survival.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a huge supporter of the wall, but I'm very much against illegal immigration. It wasn't that long ago when prominent Democrats were opposed to it as well. There are video clips of Obama, and Bill Clinton calling for more border security, calling them criminals, Obama warning against illegal aliens bringing their children to the border, because they wouldn't be allowed in. Hillary calling for "physical barriers" as a deterrent as recently as 2015. Chuck himself saying "illegal aliens should not be treated the same as US citizens".... So what the left is spinning in the media now is nothing more than political grandstanding.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not a huge supporter of the wall, but I'm very much against illegal immigration. It wasn't that long ago when prominent Democrats were opposed to it as well.

 

I have not seen anything that makes me believe that the Democrats aren't against illegal immigration still.  Obama had more deportations during his presidency than his predecessors....even Republicans.  The number of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border dropped precipitously throughout his term.  

From what I have been shown here, the Dems have passed a bill in the house to fund border security and increase border patrols by 300 with more equipment.

 

What has killed Trump on this issue is his hatred rhetoric from clear back in the election.  It's the same rhetoric that built up the excitement within the KKK and Neo Nazis during that time.  It's hatred for specifically any immigrant that isn't European and white.  It's all the comments about "s#!t hole countries" and banning immigration from certain areas or religions.  It's the completely false statements about Mexican immigrants bringing diseases and how terrorists are at our southern border trying to cross.  They are invading our country to kill us all.  All of that has been debunked by people who actually know the facts on the border.

 

Now, the Trumpsters will come back and call that all BS and that he's for legal immigration.  BUT....he has also spoke out about how he is going to shut down legal immigration.  You know....the "chain migration" issues?  The ones that's the same as how his inlaws became citizens just last year?  Yep....that's legal immigration and he wants to shut that down too.....well....after his family takes advantage of it.

 

You see.....he is the one that has created this entire mess with what he has said and what he has done and is complete lack of knowledge on the issues.  Peter King absolutely LOVES the guy and he can't figure out why "white supremacy" is a bad term.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I'm not a huge supporter of the wall, but I'm very much against illegal immigration. It wasn't that long ago when prominent Democrats were opposed to it as well. There are video clips of Obama, and Bill Clinton calling for more border security, calling them criminals, Obama warning against illegal aliens bringing their children to the border, because they wouldn't be allowed in. Hillary calling for "physical barriers" as a deterrent as recently as 2015. Chuck himself saying "illegal aliens should not be treated the same as US citizens".... So what the left is spinning in the media now is nothing more than political grandstanding.

 

Democrats in the house have approved $1.2B for fence and barrier upgrades

They have approved $7B to fund ICE

They have approved millions for new tech and hiring more agents

 

What they are saying is that $5.7B for a wall that will not solve the issue is a misappropriation of funds and they will not stand behind it.

 

Democrats do not approve of illegal immigration.  They think immigration and customs and border protection needs reform, not a giant concrete wall.  

 

 

 

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

I have not seen anything that makes me believe that the Democrats aren't against illegal immigration still.  Obama had more deportations during his presidency than his predecessors....even Republicans.  The number of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border dropped precipitously throughout his term.  

From what I have been shown here, the Dems have passed a bill in the house to fund border security and increase border patrols by 300 with more equipment.

 

What has killed Trump on this issue is his hatred rhetoric from clear back in the election.  It's the same rhetoric that built up the excitement within the KKK and Neo Nazis during that time.  It's hatred for specifically any immigrant that isn't European and white.  It's all the comments about "s#!t hole countries" and banning immigration from certain areas or religions.  It's the completely false statements about Mexican immigrants bringing diseases and how terrorists are at our southern border trying to cross.  They are invading our country to kill us all.  All of that has been debunked by people who actually know the facts on the border.

 

Now, the Trumpsters will come back and call that all BS and that he's for legal immigration.  BUT....he has also spoke out about how he is going to shut down legal immigration.  You know....the "chain migration" issues?  The ones that's the same as how his inlaws became citizens just last year?  Yep....that's legal immigration and he wants to shut that down too.....well....after his family takes advantage of it.

 

You see.....he is the one that has created this entire mess with what he has said and what he has done and is complete lack of knowledge on the issues.  Peter King absolutely LOVES the guy and he can't figure out why "white supremacy" is a bad term.

 

Trump is a piece of s#!t. It still doesn't change the contradictions they've made. Outside of the price tag (I guess) there is nothing harmful about building a wall on the southern border. I dont believe it will completely stop illegal immigration, or drug entry, etc. But it's f#&%in harmless. (Except for the animals I guess :dunno)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

 

Democrats in the house have approved $1.2B for fence and barrier upgrades

They have approved $7B to fund ICE

They have approved millions for new tech and hiring more agents

 

What they are saying is that $5.7B for a wall that will not solve the issue is a misappropriation of funds and they will not stand behind it.

 

Democrats do not approve of illegal immigration.  They think immigration and customs and border protection needs reform, not a giant concrete wall.  

 

 

 

 

It's political grandstanding. The Democrats aren't concerned with the distribution of funds until it's convenient.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×