Immigration Ban

20 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

For those that think political grandstanding comes without a price tag. 

What else could we be spending this money on?

Bush did it. Obama did it. Trump is doing it. We should let politicians get away with wasting our money and military on meaningless campaign stunts like this.

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

Bush did it. Obama did it. Trump is doing it. We should let politicians get away with wasting our money and military on meaningless campaign stunts like this.

I had a friend in college that was a member of the arizona national guard when obama sent troops to the border. Said it was the biggest waste of time and resources. They saw almost No one trying to cross and since they were border patrol they weren't allowed to detain or even stop anyone. If they saw people crossing they had to radio border patrol and hope they showed up. 

12 hours ago, ZRod said:

Disingenuous, at best, to act like what Trump is doing here is the same as Obama or Bush. 

9 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

I had a friend in college that was a member of the arizona national guard when obama sent troops to the border. Said it was the biggest waste of time and resources. They saw almost No one trying to cross and since they were border patrol they weren't allowed to detain or even stop anyone. If they saw people crossing they had to radio border patrol and hope they showed up. 

Years ago when I was a kid I was walking around with some friends and I think we were going to play catch or something...There were some National Guards hanging out sitting on buckets or boxes at the field and I remember asking them what they were doing because they were in uniform...one of them started laughing and said "Nothing, we are in the national guard, we are just killing time"  

I was probably 12 years old so who knows if the guys were just f#&%ing around with me but sure enough they did just sit there, playing cards I think.

5 hours ago, QMany said:

Disingenuous, at best, to act like what Trump is doing here is the same as Obama or Bush. 

I agree.

It's abundantly clear this is 100% about trying to stoke fear and score political points right before midterms by "protecting" people from the scary group of brown people.

I mean he's claimed there are Middle Eastern terrorists embedded in the caravan completely free of evidence, FFS...

Not like we could be spending this anywhere else...

Although the costs of the border deployments will be a tiny slice of a $716 billion annual defense budget, they arrive as the Trump administration is calling on the Pentagon to cut unnecessary expenditures. The White House recently ordered the Pentagon to slash next year’s budget for the military by about $33 billion in response to the largest increase in the federal deficit in six years.

Lol.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

At least it's completely transparent how much of a ruse this was all along.

I just feel bad for anybody who bought into this being a legitimate crisis.

trump couldn't stop talking about the caravan pre-election.  post election he jumped all over acosta for daring to ask about the caravan.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, commando said:

thanks for admitting that the dems are not for open borders.

Lol..and you are a Republican.  

If only the Dems of today agreed with these statement.  Many are pushing for open borders today and ending ICE including the DNC co-chair.  Pretending that the Left is not soft on illegal immigration is ridiculous.  

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/illegal-immigration-democrats-open-borders/

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/398786-calls-for-open-borders-wind-up-closing-doors-for-democrats

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Lol..and you are a Republican.  

If only the Dems of today agreed with these statement.  Many are pushing for open borders today and ending ICE including the DNC co-chair.  Pretending that the Left is not soft on illegal immigration is ridiculous.  

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/illegal-immigration-democrats-open-borders/

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/398786-calls-for-open-borders-wind-up-closing-doors-for-democrats

i kn ow there are some fringe left that want open borders....but overall they don't want that.   same as all republicans don't want us seperating kids and holding the kids forever without returning them to their parents like trump is doing.   there are still kids that have not been returned to their parents.  that is sickening to me.    i am also fairly fiscally conservative but am watching this administration run up massive debts.    on top of that trump is overseas today to honor our fallen from WW1....but it's raining so he stays in the hotel and watches fox and tweets negative crap to california about not sending any help with the fires instead of honoring our war dead.   he is also raising tensions with our allies while rage tweeting over there.   we used to be the country that much of the free world looked to....but now they think we are led by a looney toon president.  hopefully they are patient and wait till this storm passes and are still our allies when trump is gone.    trump is the biggest joke this country has ever produced and we have waves of brainwashed fox and rush junkies kissing trumps a$$ and asking to do it again.   for now i am a never trumper and i wish the trumper s#!t stains on the republican party would go away but i am afraid the skid marks are permanent.

1 minute ago, commando said:

i kn ow there are some fringe left that want open borders....but overall they don't want that.   same as all republicans don't want us seperating kids and holding the kids forever without returning them to their parents like trump is doing.   there are still kids that have not been returned to their parents.  that is sickening to me.    i am also fairly fiscally conservative but am watching this administration run up massive debts.    on top of that trump is overseas today to honor our fallen from WW1....but it's raining so he stays in the hotel and watches fox and tweets negative crap to california about not sending any help with the fires instead of honoring our war dead.   he is also raising tensions with our allies while rage tweeting over there.   we used to be the country that much of the free world looked to....but now they think we are led by a looney toon president.  hopefully they are patient and wait till this storm passes and are still our allies when trump is gone.    trump is the biggest joke this country has ever produced and we have waves of brainwashed fox and rush junkies kissing trumps a$$ and asking to do it again.   for now i am a never trumper and i wish the trumper s#!t stains on the republican party would go away but i am afraid the skid marks are permanent.

Never Trumpers have shrunk as his successes have proven themselves the past 2 years...hence the reason Trump is getting 90%-plus support from GOP voters. He is the first GOP leader since Reagan to fight for Conservatives and not give in. Either of the Bushes would have pulled the Kavanaugh nomination over the bogus allegations...but Trump saw the hoax for what it was and stood his ground. I dont approve of some of his tweets and personal attacks but I appreciate standing up against the Hollywood and media elites. 

As for immigration the family separation started under Obama yet it was not an issue when he did the same thing. Not saying it makes it right but this is just one of many examples of a double standard by the media and the Left. As for abolishing ICE and open borders and supporting sanctuary cities and states, this is a growing movement on the Left. Pretending its not is nonsense.

• Plus1 1