Immigration Ban

Here's why Trump is purging DHS. He wants too break the law and actually factually shut down the border, and the people he's firing opposed that.

There are going to be a lot of Nuremberg Defenses attempted at the trials to come. Doubt "I was just following orders" will get the people who are doing Trump's dirty work off the hook.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There are going to be a lot of Nuremberg Defenses attempted at the trials to come. Doubt "I was just following orders" will get the people who are doing Trump's dirty work off the hook.

It almost certainly will work. People who committed torture were given a Presidential pardon under Obama. I expect we'll see more of the same for the Trump Team, especially since many of them are wealthy.

4 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It almost certainly will work. People who committed torture were given a Presidential pardon under Obama. I expect we'll see more of the same for the Trump Team, especially since many of them are wealthy.

The water-boarders? Because that was done to establish that it was, in fact, illegal. If it wasn't illegal, there wouldn't be a need for a pardon.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The water-boarders? Because that was done to establish that it was, in fact, illegal. If it wasn't illegal, there wouldn't be a need for a pardon.

That was and still is one of the flimsiest legal arguments I've ever heard. Between the 8th Amendment and the Geneva Convention, torture is illegal both nationally and internationally.

Regardless, the "only following orders" defense will almost certainly win IMO, but Team Trump members are unlikely to ever even be charged. You have far, far more optimism in the justive system than I if you think they'll ever be tried let alone convicted.

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, commando said:

2 1/2 years of trump and his band of skin head diplomats "fixing" the border crisis and it's worse then ever.   nice.

Fixing the actual problem with diplomacy and foreign aid would mean they can't dupe the poorly educated into thinking building a wall and putting babies in cages will fix everything.

And you know what? The poorly educated vote. For Trump.

You proud of this, Trump-lovin' conservatives? Is this what you crave?

Not only is it immoral, not only is it illegal, but it's a ridiculous misappropriation of taxpayer dollars. It's embarrassing this crap was even considered. Let alone the fact someone like Nielsen sat there with a straight face and didn't tell the president no.

It goes back to what I was saying about how Trump keeps people on board: the brand. It's not about effective immigration policies or good use of federal money, it's about deliberate cruelty and vindictiveness towards one's enemies.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1