Immigration Ban

14 minutes ago, commando said:

http://fortune.com/2016/08/05/money-america-iran/

By 2015, the issue stood before a panel of nine judges, including three independent jurists, who were reportedly near a decision on binding arbitration. According to Obama administration officials, the U.S. was concerned that the tribunal would mandate an award in the multiple billions of dollars. “The Iranians wanted $10 billion,” says Sick.”I estimate that the tribunal would have awarded them $4 billion. That’s what the lawyers were saying. It’s not as much as they wanted, but a lot more than we paid.”

So instead, the U.S. negotiators convinced Iran to move the dispute from arbitration to a private settlement. The two sides reached an agreement in mid-2015, at the same time as the U.S. and Iran reached a comprehensive pact on curtailing Iran’s development of nuclear weapons. The financial deal called for the U.S. to refund $1.7 billion to Tehran, consisting of the original $400 million contract for military equipment, plus $1.3 billion in interest.

That only further supports my argument and position Obama’s administration was full of idiots. The article you cite is nothing but speculation from individuals within Obama’s administration who are pumping numbers out to try and pat themselves on the back for making a good deal. Stated another way, it doesn’t support your position this was a good deal. If you don’t understand that the best I can tell you is to diversify your news sources.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bugeater17 said:

That only further supports my argument and position Obama’s administration was full of idiots. The article you cite is nothing but speculation from individuals within Obama’s administration who are pumping numbers out to try and pat themselves on the back for making a good deal. Stated another way, it doesn’t support your position this was a good deal. If you don’t understand that the best I can tell you is to diversify your news sources.

your position is that trump and his supporters are patting each other on their backs for dashing the deal with nothing to replace it.

12 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Money was and is still being funneled to Hezbollah. There were no viable intelligence that the activities of Iran were curtailed.

Citation needed.

12 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

What was Obama’s plan for when the sunset provisions of the deal would run out? Seriously, Obama’s administration needs to answer this but the neither Obama nor Biden will have to face this question.  

Address the situation like you would when any other foreign policy issue comes up. Do it in a way that was actually productive instead of accusing them of bombings to lay the groundwork for war.

I'll ask again, do you have ANY shred of proof what Trump is doing right now is working? Because you can keep criticizing  Obama and Biden but I'm not going to let you off the hook for Trump actively making matters worse. I understand defending the indefensible is tough, but I'm trying to give you a chance here.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

How much did they pay in sales tax? So your position they paid NO taxes is untenable. Also, your position in prior posts is completely undercut by the fact that tax reform under Trump removed many tax loopholes which lead to lower FEDERAL INCOME taxes due and larger deductions. If you run a company you would certainly understand the items that businesses can write-off have decreased dramatically.  

I have had the argument on here before with people who don't understand corporate income tax and how past losses are handled.  Some people just don't want to accept it.

However, sales tax is a pretty pathetic example of taxes Amazon is paying.  First, one hell of a lot of sales on Amazon do NOT have sales tax.  And, the CONSUMER pays sales tax, not the company selling the item.  Third, sales tax is a local tax, not a federal tax.

Now, Amazon does contribute one hell of a lot in property taxes, payroll taxes....etc.  But, that's not what people concentrate on.  They simply see that they paid no income tax and their heads explode.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

No, the Iranian money issue is a made up crappy propaganda scheme by the Republicans.  It was not a mistake or bad judgement by the Obama administration.  The fact Trump took us out of the nuclear deal with Iran is what is pathetic and idiotic.  This idiot has proven time and time again he has no friggen clue what he is doing and the world is more dangerous because of it.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, the Iranian money issue is a made up crappy propaganda scheme by the Republicans.  It was not a mistake or bad judgement by the Obama administration.  The fact Trump took us out of the nuclear deal with Iran is what is pathetic and idiotic.  This idiot has proven time and time again he has no friggen clue what he is doing and the world is more dangerous because of it.

Trump's actions have actually led to a more secure world as world as nations are contributing their fair share to the security that not only US provides but that NATO provides.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/01/27/nato-chief-credits-trump/2695799002/

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Citation needed.

Address the situation like you would when any other foreign policy issue comes up. Do it in a way that was actually productive instead of accusing them of bombings to lay the groundwork for war.

I'll ask again, do you have ANY shred of proof what Trump is doing right now is working? Because you can keep criticizing  Obama and Biden but I'm not going to let you off the hook for Trump actively making matters worse. I understand defending the indefensible is tough, but I'm trying to give you a chance here.

Are you really asking for citations on this issue? Honestly watch any news media outlet this morning. All have reported the attack this morning at Exxon was tied to Iranian backed militias. You'd honestly have to have your head in the sand not to see this. Nonetheless, here is just one of many discussing the backing of hezbollah by Iran:

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1774771/largest-israeli-drill-years-simulates-war-hezbollah

"The exercise was planned long in advance but comes amid growing tensions in the Gulf between the United States and Iran, Hezbollah’s main backer."

There are also numerous sources of Iran backing other militias as well, but here is one from the Washington Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/iran-has-invested-in-allies-and-proxies-across-the-middle-east-heres-why-they-matter-now/2019/06/18/0549200e-9152-11e9-b72d-d56510fa753e_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.84d52835db81

"Most recently, Iran has broadened its reach by backing militias in war-torn Yemen and Syria amid the chaos ushered in by the Arab Spring uprisings in 2011."

As to your next request for citation about Trump's foreign policy working, see the article posted above (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/01/27/nato-chief-credits-trump/2695799002/) which the  which states:

"President Donald Trump "is committed to NATO" and deserves credit in obtaining $100 billion more in defense spending for the alliance, Jens Stoltenberg, the secretary general of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, said Sunday."

Any more brain busters?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Trump's actions have actually led to a more secure world as world as nations are contributing their fair share to the security that not only US provides but that NATO provides.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/01/27/nato-chief-credits-trump/2695799002/

No...just no.

What you have are world leaders who know he's an imbecile and know they can get on his good side if they praise how great he is.  

And, other countries contributing money to NATO does nothing about telling me about safety around the world.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

No, there's a portion the company pays for too.

Here's the question though: does that amount ultimately come out of the employee's pay? It's a bit of chicken-and-the-egg, but payroll taxes are primarily levied against the employee.

31 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Here's the question though: does that amount ultimately come out of the employee's pay? It's a bit of chicken-and-the-egg, but payroll taxes are primarily levied against the employee.

No, there is a portion that never is listed on the pay check stub that the employer pays.