Immigration Ban

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Not when the obstruction is part of the conspiracy.

Wow. just wow.

It is amazing that is so easy for you to believe that there is this large conspiracy afoot when there have been thousands of hours of questioning, 3 years of investigation with millions of dollars spent, illegal and illegitimate FISA wire taps were obtained, and investigated by investigators with a bias against Trump. The end result is there is no concrete evidence of said conspiracy or collusion - no documents, no emails, no recordings, no testimony - its really astonishing. At what point do you have to step back and ask yourself, am I just delusional because I can't handle the person I voted for didn't win?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bugeater17 said:

Again, you are changing what we are talking about and commingling issues. Simply put, there is a difference between conspiracy (what is being discussed in this thread) and obstruction (the tweet in your post).  

Reading comprehension has really gone out the window. 

I'll do without the snark. Thanks bud.

Secondly, no. I'll lay out for you exactly what's happening in this thread. You're laying out a very narrow legal defense and sticking specifically to charges you think are defensible in an effort to keep the discussion away from the utter dumpster fire that is the Trump presidency.

You come in here boldly touting Republican talking points in an effort to tamp down any any discussion about the shortcomings of a man who by his own behavior has proven himself a threat to the republic. Well, being as we aren't gullible idiots, you're not making that strong of a case.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'll do without the snark. Thanks bud.

Secondly, no. I'll lay out for you exactly what's happening in this thread. You're laying out a very narrow legal defense and sticking specifically to charges you think are defensible in an effort to keep the discussion away from the utter dumpster fire that is the Trump presidency.

You come in here boldly touting Republican talking points in an effort to tamp down any any discussion about the shortcomings of a man who by his own behavior has proven himself a threat to the republic. Well, being as we aren't gullible idiots, but you're not making that strong of a case.

If by clarifying the disjointed, commingled, and illogical Democratic argument/talking points, then I'm fine with that. 

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Wow. just wow.

It is amazing that is so easy for you to believe that there is this large conspiracy afoot when there have been thousands of hours of questioning, 3 years of investigation with millions of dollars spent, illegal and illegitimate FISA wire taps were obtained, and investigated by investigators with a bias against Trump. The end result is there is no concrete evidence of said conspiracy or collusion - no documents, no emails, no recordings, no testimony - its really astonishing. At what point do you have to step back and ask yourself, am I just delusional because I can't handle the person I voted for didn't win?

Obstructing an investigation would be hiding such evidence or not allowing it to be accessed when asked for it by federal investigators. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

If by clarifying the disjointed, commingled, and illogical Democratic argument/talking points, then I'm fine with that.  

Anything to put those no-good Democrats in their place, yeah?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You can learn a lot about someone by how far they'll stick their neck out defending Trump.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Obstructing an investigation would be hiding such evidence or not allowing it to be accessed when asked for it by federal investigators. 

Are we talking about Hillary now?

Because Trump hasn't been accused of deleting or hiding evidence. Instead, the potential obstruction issues have to do with how he reacted to being investigated and conversations about firing individuals...

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, bugeater17 said:

The elements for the underlying crime, intent, and a “meeting” (which is no where close to an overt act based on precedent) are laughable. Even the inherent bias contained within the report acknowledge such in multiple portions of the quoted blurb. 

Put simply, if you don’t have evidence of the underlying crime you don’t have evidence of conspiracy to commit that crime. 

You don't actually have to commit a the end criminal act for conspiracy. All you have to do is commit an act that furthers the conspiracy itself.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You don't actually have to commit a the end criminal act for conspiracy. All you have to do is commit an act that furthers the conspiracy itself.

Agreed - but again, you have to look at the elements of the underlying crime. Here, the potential crime was campaign finance violations. So then you must ask, was there an overt act that furthers the underlying crime - to which there was not. That is why the portion about "intent" in the quoted blurb is important. 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Are we talking about Hillary now?

Because Trump hasn't been accused of deleting or hiding evidence. Instead, the potential obstruction issues have to do with how he reacted to being investigated and conversations about firing individuals...

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/mueller-report-says-messaging-apps-likely-destroyed-trump-russia-evidence

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/18/708965026/highlights-from-the-mueller-report

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2019/04/18/sean-hannity-lies-about-trump-campaign-and-associates-destroying-evidence/223513

Hannity lied to you buddy. 

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

HILLARY!!!!!

BENGHAZI!!!!!

OBAMA KENYA!!!!!!

When did I discuss Benghazi or Obama/Kenya???? 

The Hillary issue I've brought up is a fact. She deleted and white washed her server while under subpoena. So not sure what you are talking about?

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

If you are going to investigate him do so with unbiased investigators. Do so with investigators who aren't using the investigation as an insurance policy. Do so with actual verifiable facts and not those made up and/or paid for by a political opponent. 

Completely made up propaganda by someone who personally benefits from you believing that.

• Plus1 1
Just now, bugeater17 said:

When did I discuss Benghazi or Obama/Kenya???? 

The Hillary issue I've brought up is a fact. She deleted and white washed her server while under subpoena. So not sure what you are talking about?

And I've said I don't support her, didn't vote for her and would support investigations into her.

But...for some reason, you continue to repeat propaganda from Trump about anyone and everyone who dares investigate him and work to hold him accountable.

• Plus1 2
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

And I've said I don't support her, didn't vote for her and would support investigations into her.

But...for some reason, you continue to repeat propaganda from Trump about anyone and everyone who dares investigate him and work to hold him accountable.

It’s a pattern. When talking about Trump’s tax plans he brags about closed loopholes like it’s more important than a decrease in revenue, when his argument should be that the tax plan will take longer to pay dividends. 

8 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

Agreed - but again, you have to look at the elements of the underlying crime. Here, the potential crime was campaign finance violations. So then you must ask, was there an overt act that furthers the underlying crime - to which there was not. That is why the portion about "intent" in the quoted blurb is important. 

Except the special counsel explicitly states why they didn't charge Jr. and Kushner. It's not because they didn't believe they committed conspiracy, it's because they felt they were too stupid to know what they did was illegal and it was difficult to establish a monetary value for the information they received.

• Plus1 1