Immigration Ban

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/29/2019 at 5:45 AM, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve noticed this with the Hispanic immigrants around me. They come to America and get a job.....maybe not making much. But they instill in their  kids a work ethic and the importance of an education. 

Americans sit around and teach their kids all the reasons why they will still be poor. 

(yes...I know there are some huge generalizations in my post). 

the thread of tweets are interesting. 

Lol. You think?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nonimmigrant F-1 and M-1 students attending schools operating entirely online may not take a full online course load and remain in the United States. The U.S. Department of State will not issue visas to students enrolled in schools and/or programs that are fully online for the fall semester nor will U.S. Customs and Border Protection permit these students to enter the United States. Active students currently in the United States enrolled in such programs must depart the country or take other measures, such as transferring to a school with in-person instruction to remain in lawful status. If not, they may face immigration consequences including, but not limited to, the initiation of removal proceedings.

What the f#&% is the logic behind this? Are they aware schools all over the country are cutting staff and might struggle to even stay in business? Reducing their # of students isn't going to f#&%ing help.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/sevp-modifies-temporary-exemptions-nonimmigrant-students-taking-online-courses-during?fbclid=IwAR26L0BElQArmx7xM9rz05icpxcdrbxvfkxXFhigtzdzPVSgE8UupZTHcn8

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

What the f#&% is the logic behind this? Are they aware schools all over the country are cutting staff and might struggle to even stay in business? Reducing their # of students isn't going to f#&%ing help.

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/sevp-modifies-temporary-exemptions-nonimmigrant-students-taking-online-courses-during?fbclid=IwAR26L0BElQArmx7xM9rz05icpxcdrbxvfkxXFhigtzdzPVSgE8UupZTHcn8

It's the dumbest damn thing I've seen in the last ten minutes.  Seriously...

These people are making whatever rules they wan to prevent anyone from outside the country from being here and enjoying life.

The University of Nebraska has joined the amicus brief opposing the above.

“Proud our NU system is standing with our international students by joining this amicus brief. I also joined higher ed leaders across the country asking Congress to reverse this rule,” said Chancellor Green

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...