Immigration Ban

Hey, look who's on board: Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell.

This is simultaneously encouraging and depressing. Ryan fairly leaped to back Trump.

But look all it takes for people of any party to see things straight: pressure from the people they represent.

“This is ridiculous,” said Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.). “I guess I understand what his intention is, but unfortunately the order appears to have been rushed through without full consideration. You know, there are many, many nuances of immigration policy that can be life or death for many innocent, vulnerable people around the world.”

Dent, who represents a large Syrian community in the Allentown area, said he was contacted Saturday by a constituent whose family members were turned away early in the morning at Philadelphia International Airport.

My friend here is lucky enough not to be from one of the "bad" countries but I still want to post this. I told her I was going to post a photo of her and explained why and she was okay with it. The time I really wanted to post it was a year or so ago when we were having a discussion here on Muslims and a couple people were saying Muslims were inherently evil just by being Muslims. If people actually met a few like I have maybe that would help. Or they could just be un-stupid enough to realize that people around the world are basically alike. Every place has good ones and bad ones.

EeJrRB6.jpg

She's doing her dissertation on animal temperature regulation which will save U.S. stock yards $. Let's just ban everyone like her. Clearly she has no interest assimilating into U.S. culture.

• Fire 6

Spent some time at the protests at DIA. Only negative is that sometimes it feels like it takes the worst humanity has to offer to bring out our best... Truly impressive that so many people feel compelled to not sit by & watch; whether it is sharing opinions online or actively protesting, it all helps prevent this type of depravity from taking hold.

After the restraining order was issued, I was able to have a great talk with a civil rights attorney that showed up to assist. We discussed a few things but the most interesting was the research Repub's have done in regards to ignoring Judicial Supremacy of the courts. I posted on this a while back but not finding it, atm. I am convinced we will soon see Trumps administration defy our courts ala Andrew Jackson's "you made your decision, now enforce" anecdote.

Anyway, the attorney had met with Federal officials at DIA which resulted in the release of at least one foreign national being wrongfully detained (airline employee). Based his interactions, the attorney believed the Federal employees had been given verbal direction to ignore anything contradicting Trump's E.O. that didn't come directly from Trump's desk. The attorney agreed we will probably see a lot of Federal employees forced out after today's events...

To Zoogs/Knapplc/NM11/Moiraine/dudeguyy/BigRed_inSD/ZRod and everyone else that have been so reasonable in P&R, I don't know you but I sincerely thank you! I thank you for taking a stand and voicing your opinion. I thank you for doing something, anything in this time of need for so many!

• Fire 7

Dulles, I wish... No, I was at Denver Int'l Airport...

House cleaning more or less for those that didn't "follow orders"... He believes many of the supervisors/managers that respected the court order will be forced out or terminated for doing so by the current administration. This is based on statements made to the attorney by the HS or Customs supervisor(s). More or less they were told to enforce the E.O. regardless and only POTUS could direct otherwise... Emotions are running pretty high within these Federal agencies so it may just be paranoia but it feels like it's more than that. As with so many things right now, we'll have to see what happens and react to it as needed.

Dulles, I wish... No, I was at Denver Int'l Airport...

House cleaning more or less for those that didn't "follow orders"... He believes many of the supervisors/managers that respected the court order will be forced out or terminated for doing so. This is based on statements made to the attorney by the HS or Customs supervisor(s). More or less they were told to enforce the E.O. regardless and only POTUS could direct otherwise...

This makes me feel really confident in removing Trump from the presidency if he loses the election in 2020...

More or less they were told to enforce the EO regardless and only POTUS could direct otherwise

This seems unconstitutional...

That's a SIGNIFICANT -- but potentially quite temporary -- victory. Wow, well done to the ACLU.

It's still significant, but when I posted this, I was under the impression that the EO had been eviscerated. Learning since that it's been almost untouched is sobering.

Spent some time at the protests at DIA. Only negative is that sometimes it feels like it takes the worst humanity has to offer to bring out our best... Truly impressive that so many people feel compelled to not sit by & watch; whether it is sharing opinions online or actively protesting, it all helps prevent this type of depravity from taking hold.

After the restraining order was issued, I was able to have a great talk with a civil rights attorney that showed up to assist. We discussed a few things but the most interesting was the research Repub's have done in regards to ignoring Judicial Supremacy of the courts. I posted on this a while back but not finding it, atm. I am convinced we will soon see Trumps administration defy our courts ala Andrew Jackson's "you made your decision, now enforce" anecdote.

Anyway, the attorney had met with Federal officials at DIA which resulted in the release of at least one foreign national being wrongfully detained (airline employee). Based his interactions, the attorney believed the Federal employees had been given verbal direction to ignore anything contradicting Trump's E.O. that didn't come directly from Trump's desk. The attorney agreed we will probably see a lot of Federal employees forced out after today's events...

To Zoogs/Knapplc/NM11/Moiraine/dudeguyy/BigRed_inSD/ZRod and everyone else that have been so reasonable in P&R, I don't know you but I sincerely thank you! I thank you for taking a stand and voicing your opinion. I thank you for doing something, anything in this time of need for so many!

Thank you for taking the trip to DIA. Small thing to do in theory but oh so important.

Sobering to think we might lose some of the brave people just doing their jobs last night. More people to add to our dissenting opinion though in the long run.

I saw a quote which I'll have to post later (need to get on a computer vs phone - and (shocker!) I want to vet its truthfullness first) comparing this action and others to Germany. I know he isnt Hutler blah blah blah but some of the steps being taken have interesting parallels.

We must continue to push back. Attending these protests is a good step.

• Fire 2

Pretty cool you could go out last night Colo. Did your attorney friend say anything about the possibility of a wrongful termination suit in the even people are fired? Seems to me that people shouldn't be fired for following an order from one of our three branches of gov't aimed squarely at them. But I know no more law than anyone else here, for sure.

Random: I heard someone refer to him as "Twitler" the other day. I rather like that.

• Fire 1

Pretty cool you could go out last night Colo. Did your attorney friend say anything about the possibility of a wrongful termination suit in the even people are fired? Seems to me that people shouldn't be fired for following an order from one of our three branches of gov't aimed squarely at them. But I know no more law than anyone else here, for sure.

Random: I heard someone refer to him as "Twitler" the other day. I rather like that.

I like Twitler. The best I've seen is #Trumpsterfire