Immigration Ban

Trump is a champion for those who are either happy or indifferent to inflicting this hurt upon others. They know it's indefensible in civil argument. Fortunately, POTUS is now their protector and their hero.

An unfortunate state of affairs, to say the least.

• Fire 2

So his defense was the presidential/governmental version of "because I said so"? His lawyers and Bannon are sure steering him wrong.

Pretty much. Listening to the interviews from the Washington Solicitor General, he tears apart the Federal Government defense as ignoring reality and jurisprudence. If you read the decision (QMany - looking at you), the majority of the decision addresses the Judiciary's right to review the Executive.

The argument was Judiciary doesn't have the right to review; by reviewing the EO the Judiciary has irreparably injured the Government; the EO is preventing imminent danger without providing an example of upcoming danger. Total Keystone Cops

I finally got the opportunity to read the decision in its entirety, not just news snippets.

In law school, I was a research assistant for a Professor drafting articles re: Constitutional Law and Immigration Law. He clerked for Justice Sotomayor and then was an Assistant US Attorney and argued Immigration before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals (New York). So, I find this stuff very interesting.

I recommend reading the entire decision, it is 28 pages (big font).

These are one of those moments when I realize I am glad I didn't become a lawyer. The way lawyers write literally puts me to sleep.

Question QMany....it is my understanding that when a case goes up the appeals ladder, the lawyers are not allowed to enter into evidence knew information or evidence. They have to create arguments around the evidence that has already been presented as to why the decision is wrong. Am I correct about that?

And...if I am correct, the government's argument is going to remain extremely weak from here on out.

Trump is a champion for those who are either happy or indifferent to inflicting this hurt upon others. They know it's indefensible in civil argument. Fortunately, POTUS is now their protector and their hero.

Sometimes we need to put the security of this nation before other countries. I lock my doors at night not because I hate everyone outside of my house but because I love the people in my house.

Guaranteed had Obama gone through executing this 90 day ban on the 7 countries HE had addressed as having terroristic ties 2 years ago, people would be praising him. But no since it's Trump, he's a psycho, bigot, racist, ex.....

• Fire 1

Sometimes we need to put the security of this nation before other countries. I lock my doors at night not because I hate everyone outside of my house but because I love the people in my house.

Guaranteed had Obama gone through executing this 90 day ban on the 7 countries HE had addressed as having terroristic ties 2 years ago, people would be praising him. But no since it's Trump, he's a psycho, bigot, racist, ex.....

Why didn't Obama do it 2 years ago?

You scared of the little baby that needed heart surgery in Oregon because they couldn't perform it in Iran?

170203024856-trump-travel-ban-on-iranian

Such a scary terrorist...

• Fire 1

Cause he bombed 5 of the 7 countries instead :dunno

How come his Iraq ban for 6 months not criticized?

This isn't a Muslim ban that so many knuckleheads think it is and it's only a 90 day ban to figure things out....it's not for eternity.

You scared of the little baby that needed heart surgery in Oregon because they couldn't perform it in Iran?

Are the parents terrorist or have terroist ties? Don't know that's why there's a ban to figure these things out

Again 90 day ban to figure stuff out....not an eternity

Are the parents terrorist or have terroist ties? Don't know that's why there's a ban to figure these things out

Again 90 day ban to figure stuff out....not an eternity

Yeah, what a shame this poor child will not make it 90 days.

What is wrong with a vetting process that has not had a terrorist act done by a refugee? Just curious what else needs to be done. Waterboarding?

***SNIP***

This isn't a Muslim ban that so many knuckleheads think it is and it's only a 90 day ban to figure things out....it's not for eternity.

Actually, it is a Muslim ban. If you read the executive order, it has two provisions - one is that individuals who practice a "minority religion" are given preference during vetting and a second clause that allows for emergency immigration based on the same basis. Since those countries are majority Muslim, the ban is against Muslims.

And, don't forget that that Rudy Giuliani stated in an interview that the so-called president consulted with Giuliani to find out how to implement a "legal" Muslim ban.

So, it isn't an immigration ban to protect this country as so many knuckleheads think it is.

• Fire 7

Cause he bombed 5 of the 7 countries instead :dunno

How come his Iraq ban for 6 months not criticized?

OK...when is he going to get to his Muslim ban?

***SNIP***

Actually, it is a Muslim ban. If you read the executive order, it has two provisions - one is that individuals who practice a "minority religion" are given preference during vetting and a second clause that allows for emergency immigration based on the same basis. Since those countries are majority Muslim, the ban is against Muslims.

And, don't forget that that Rudy Giuliani stated in an interview that the so-called president consulted with Giuliani to find out how to implement a "legal" Muslim ban.

So, it isn't an immigration ban to protect this country as so many knuckleheads think it is.

Than how much the TOP 5 Muslim countries in the world are not on this "Muslim" ban.......hmmmm