Immigration Ban

Trump was going to sign the new ban today, but because of the positive reviews of his address last night he is delaying it "to let it breathe on its own".

So Trump and team attack judges for striking down the ban and tell them blood will be on their hands if an attack happens, but delays signing the new ban so he can keep getting positive reviews from a speech.

You can't make this stuff up...

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-delays-travel-ban-order-235548

Anything to stoke the ego.

The whole building of the wall makes me think of an episode on Drugs. Inc. The episode was about the trafficking of narcotics across the border from Mexico to the US. They talked about the routes used and how the Border Patrol was going to make it more difficult for them. They build a multi-million dollar wall that had all the bells and whistles on it to detect and keep runners out.

The episode continued talking about it and how it didn't seem to slow the flow of drugs into the US along the border and when they interviewed a Border Patrol agent, he said we have this huge, expensive wall and yet they found a way to get it over here by using a catapult. We are getting beat by a 2000 year old of piece of technology.

This is probably my intense distrust of Trump speaking up, but...

The Dems decided as a group to invite undocumented immigrants and others affected by Tump's policies.

I wonder if he caught wind of that and announced his "desire" for immigration reform as a way to go into CYA mode and try to mitigate the embarrassment there.

Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome it fervently if it actually came to pass. But such a policy is in direct contradiction to the beliefs of almost everyone he's surrounded himself with, his hardline base, and the far-right wing of the GOP, which is who his policies have most appealed to so far.

At this point I'd eat a hat if it actually got done.

Not to toot my own horn (well, kind of), but... I was right.

SAO admits that this was a ploy to generate good headlines. He never mentioned a pathway to citizenship during the address.

With all of these incidents happening where Muslims are being detained because they have names like Muhammad, including American citizens, do you guys think this is due to a few individuals power tripping and breaking the law by detaining them or is it an order coming down to them?

So that was a straight up lie to create the temporary illusion of friendly headlines. Trying to come up with a better word than "evil". It fits so well.

@Moiraine, I think there's an element of individuals overstepping their bounds. At minimum it seems nobody cares to stop them; the WH may even be loving it because the outcome is aligned with their goals while they can still claim no direct responsibility.

Yep, I agree with Zoogs. I think the WH has effectively signaled more autonomy for ICE/CBP and is essentially going to look the other way while all of this happens. It gives them both plausible deniability since they can blame backlash on those agencies themselves and accomplishes their goals.

I think it's pretty gross to float a fake desire for immigration reform and then turn around and announce the creation of the Victims Of Immigration Crimes Engagement program.

He continues to push this narrative, in the face of overwhelming evidence, that undocumented immigrants are a criminal drain on society that only take from good, honest Americans.

I like to keep things civil most of the time, but he can take his VOICE and go f#ck himself.

• Fire 1

I thought they were going to leave the Dreamers alone?

Held 5 hours in a cell and awaiting deportation without a trial, according to her lawyer. All allegedly for attending a press conference about immigrants contributions to society after her brother and father were detained by ICE. She was pulled over and arrested after leaving the presser.