Immigration Ban

8 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

We should all take Tomi Lahren very seriously.

I used to say "I didn't 'hate' anyone", but after the last three years I'm disgusted with the level of "hate" I have for a lot of people.  I try to remind myself that these are humans with real families and lives away from the camera, but it makes me hate them even more because they choose to go out and represent there families this way....

• Plus1 1

Genealogist trolls Tomi Lahren over comments on immigrants

Jennifer Mendelsohn, the creator of the #resistancegeneaolgy campaign, which highlights the backgrounds of people who criticize immigrants, looked up Lahren’s geneology and claimed her ancestors were also people who came to the United States not speaking English.

“Tomi's 3x great-grandmother had been here for 41 years and still spoke German,” Mendelsohn wrote. “Her 2nd great-grandmother had been here for 10 yrs. Spoke no English. Her great-grandfather's 1895 baptism from MN? Recorded in Norwegian.”

On 5/15/2018 at 7:24 AM, funhusker said:

I used to say "I didn't 'hate' anyone", but after the last three years I'm disgusted with the level of "hate" I have for a lot of people.  I try to remind myself that these are humans with real families and lives away from the camera, but it makes me hate them even more because they choose to go out and represent there families this way....

Yep. I know exactly how you feel.

I consistently catch myself ranting about politicians anymore. Either they take actions that show they completely lack a moral compass & refuse to try to rebuff the moral degradation of our politics, or they've decided that corruption & abuse of power don't matter because they all share a common goal of sh#tty policy.

I get that life during an administration you don't like isn't fun, but it doesn't feel like it should feel this gross, does it? It feels like they turned the awful up to 11 & broke off the knob.

7 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

The politics of dehumanization, continued:

He continues to use his bully pulpit to punch down on people below him for political points. What an abhorrent human being.

there was a former german dictator who referred to other people as animals.  wonder how that turned out?

On 5/15/2018 at 12:15 AM, Clifford Franklin said:

We should all take Tomi Lahren very seriously.

I can't even turn on the volume with her - just play her videos on mute ... it's like every bad girlfriend you've ever had (and this comes from a girl).

• Plus1 1