Immigration Ban

Just this morning, at breakfast, one of my relatives said: "I'm glad we're separating illegal parents and children." 

Inside my head I was screaming: You deplorable, despicable, corrupt, vile, evil, disgusting f'ing monster.  What kind of sadistic, heartless psychopath are you?" 

I just looked at her and said, "That is a deporable and terrible thing to do."  

I swear, many Trump supporters have no clue just how awful they really are.

40 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Just this morning, at breakfast, one of my relatives said: "I'm glad we're separating illegal parents and children." 

Inside my head I was screaming: You deplorable, despicable, corrupt, vile, evil, disgusting f'ing monster.  What kind of sadistic, heartless psychopath are you?" 

I just looked at her and said, "That is a deporable and terrible thing to do."  

I swear, many Trump supporters have no clue just how awful they really are.

I "unfriended" so many relatives/friends (that I never see except through social media) that undoubtedly hold the same belief as your relative.  On one hand I'm glad I don't see the disgusting characteristics they show, but I also kind of miss calling them out on it.  Especially on a day like today when I'm sure they're posting about how they couldn't do anything without the father of the family and how he would go through hell to make sure they had what they needed.....

As usual, it’s nice to see how nicely this board captures a variety of opinions on this issue.

This is about as rational a discussion as those that occur on The View or Morning Joe...wall to wall coverage about how mean, nasty, evil, crazy, racist, homophobic, intolerant, similar to Hitler, and generally loathsome Trump is. It gets pretty tiresome.

Here’s a pretty even-handed read about why this is happening. There is more than enough blame to go around. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/05/30/fact-checking-immigration-spin-on-separating-families-and-1500-lost-children/?utm_term=.45623c1f0e19

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Did you have a nice vacation Ric?

I did. I can see that I was missed here. While Trump’s popularity rises and he rolls toward re-election, the groupthink here, that he’s some sort of racist and evil tyrant, burning the country to the ground as he goes just rolls along. 

Is there anyone else here who will likely vote for him in 2020? It sure doesn’t seem like it. 

44 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I did. I can see that I was missed here. While Trump’s popularity rises and he rolls toward re-election, the groupthink here, that he’s some sort of racist and evil tyrant, burning the country to the ground as he goes just rolls along. 

Is there anyone else here who will likely vote for him in 2020? It sure doesn’t seem like it. 

you will vote for him. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Probably. I seem to be the only one though. This place is far too much of a reflexively anti-Trump echo chamber. 

i was anti trump before it was cool....and still there.   the guy is ruining us internationally IMO.    we have given up our leading role in the world and handed it to putin and xi. and have managed to offend almost all of our allies in the process.

1 minute ago, commando said:

i was anti trump before it was cool....and still there.   the guy is ruining us internationally IMO.    we have given up our leading role in the world and handed it to putin and xi. and have managed to offend almost all of our allies in the process.

I’m in favor of free trade, but Trump is right that what other countries offer us is hardly free trade. I’m in favor of strong alliances, but not where we bear all or most of the burden and cost. Our ‘allies’ have been taking advantage of us for some time. True friendships and alliances are built on fair dealings.