Self Imposed Sanctions

If the idea of holding back is to smooth things out for next year or hold some for a grad transfer of Juco I'm OK with that. One's that we have hanging around that we wish we could have filled I think should be considered in the self imposed sanction category even if we can still give them out to a walk on. I will add that I did like that this class doesn't have any head scratchers in it. It seems like in the past you would see one or two guys that seem out of place.

• Fire 1

This was one of the complaints about Pelini's roster management too.

The difference is Pelini undersigned while also signing the mason walds of the world.

And the Abdullahs, Gerrys, Bells, etc....

Yeah thank god for the great depth he built at NU. Talent didnt get worse the longer he was here....oh wait

I would have preferred a bigger class (around 25). Yeah there might have been lower ranked guys brought in, but you never know about a guy until they get on campus.

I don't think a team can have too many bodies on the o-line, d-line and secondary. Many people criticized Bo for not signing the maximum number of players, and Riley deserves similar criticism.

• Fire 1

I'd agree with the OP here. The numbers fall a few short. If we end up having to do a post-mortem on the Riley tenure at Nebraska, we're going to point to moments like these when classes needed to fill up but did not.

I mean, it was reasonably close, and I do understand we had a few spots saved for guys and a weird situation with a triple decommit. We also added two big commits on NSD, which is amazing. Would've been nice to have had a few more contingencies...

But i suppose it's also not over. The staff could be active on the grad transfer wire, as someone has suggested.

I'd agree with the OP here. The numbers fall a few short. If we end up having to do a post-mortem on the Riley tenure at Nebraska, we're going to point to moments like these when classes needed to fill up but did not.

I mean, it was reasonably close, and I do understand we had a few spots saved for guys and a weird situation with a triple decommit. We also added two big commits on NSD, which is amazing. Would've been nice to have had a few more contingencies...

But i suppose it's also not over. The staff could be active on the grad transfer wire, as someone has suggested.

Were we over or under last year? I don't remember.

As long as we're usually on target or over, it's not a problem. When we're under years in a row, then we get into trouble.