Super Six-2017

1. Lyndsey

Unless injuries or JD has something to say about it, Tyjon will be a 3/4 year starter out of the slot. The slot will be in a lot of our upcoming formations. With Rafdal/Allen being huge and hopefully demanding safeties, Tyjon will have space to work with. I could see 70-catch years for him.

2. Damion Daniels

The theme for the first two picks here is that they are safe; they are safe picks because thy are just about guaranteed playing time. Daniels is, I believe, the only NT body we have. Hopefully he is good enough to start day one because he will have a log career as a main cog if he can.

3. Guy Thomas

Like Daniels, Thomas has the body for a position of need and may be the only player with such a body. He is a prototypical, if just a little lean, Sam / Edge linebacker. He reminds me a lot of Randy Gregory actually. If he can get a lot of sacks, he will be the star of the defense and could pass Daniels on this list. But he's a risk, given his weight and rawness.

4. Elijah Blades

I loved having Prince/Dennard back in the days. Jones/Kalu are okay, but I'm anxious to see if Lamar/Eli can bring back he glory days of the former duo. Blades' numbers look amazing on paper and he will have a shot to win a starting spot as soon as next year.

5. Avery Roberts

I see Roberts having a Dedrick Young (up to now) type career: unspectacular but solid. As an ILB, this is what we need.

I'm very very excited for Nebraska players Allen and Walker. Walker has a great mentality.

I would have loved to put Gebbia on this list, and KJJ too, but they have a dog fight ahead of them as far as depth charts go.

• Fire 1