The Environment

I sit back and think that I'm not going to be surprised at the idiocy that comes out of his mouth......then.......he decides we are supposed to be raking all of our forests.  It's amazing how stupid this guy is.

On top of that, he doesn't even THINK about Finland getting a ton more precipitation than California....gee....you think maybe that's why they don't have wild fires as much?

This embarrassment can't get out of the Whitehouse fast enough.

• Plus1 2

19 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well-written piece. If anyone reading this thread is a climate-skeptic, then I encourage you to at least read what a conservative and recent climate-skeptic thinks are the most convincing points.

Here's a couple excerpts:

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) told CNN on Sunday: “Our climate always changes and we see those ebb and flows through time. . . . We need to always consider the impact to American industry and jobs.”

We do need to consider the impact on U.S. jobs — but that’s an argument for action rather than, as Ernst suggests, inaction. The National Climate Assessment warns that global warming could cause a 10 percent decline in gross domestic product and that the “potential for losses in some sectors could reach hundreds of billions of dollars per year by the end of this century.” Iowa and other farm states will be particularly hard hit as crops wilt and livestock die.

Compared with the crushing costs of climate change, the action needed to curb greenhouse-gas emissions is modest and manageable — if we act now. Jerry Taylor, president of the libertarian Niskanen Center, estimates that a carbon tax would increase average electricity rates from 17 cents to 18 cents per kilowatt-hour. The average household, he writes, would see spending on energy rise “only about $35 per month.” That’s not nothing — but it’s better than allowing climate change to continue unabated.

I’ve owned up to the danger. Why haven’t other conservatives? They are captives, first and foremost, of the fossil fuel industry, which outspent green groups 10 to 1 in lobbying on climate change from 2000 to 2016. But they are also captives of their own rigid ideology. It is a tragedy for the entire planet that the United States’ governing party is impervious to science and reason.

• Plus1 1