The Environment

19 hours ago, commando said:

not a perfect fit for this...but this thread is the closest we have.   impressive if they can make it work

Reverse osmosis has been around for decades - this is just a new material for RO. The issue with RO is cost of the membrane, so using graphene only makes sense if it can be produced more cost effectively (more cost effectively over the life of the membrane so how long it lasts matters a lot). Without more details it's hard to know if this is going to make any sort of difference.

59 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Reverse osmosis has been around for decades - this is just a new material for RO. The issue with RO is cost of the membrane, so using graphene only makes sense if it can be produced more cost effectively (more cost effectively over the life of the membrane so how long it lasts matters a lot). Without more details it's hard to know if this is going to make any sort of difference.

Not sure if by efficiently they mean cost or time or both.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Not sure if by efficiently they mean cost or time or both.

It needs to be both.

For the record, I've always thought something like this is the answer to so much of the world's water issues.  California would have a completely different outlook with this.

It needs developed.  I'm glad to see people are still working on it.

• Plus1 1

• 4 weeks later...

so....the walls and barriers were in place but no staff to police the area and this happens.   kind of makes the argument that walls are ineffective.  and since the left is the home to the tree huggers i suspect the bubbas who did this have maga hats and fly flags on their tailgates.

• 3 weeks later...