The Environment

Ok, so lets say you don't believe man has contributed to global warming, I guess that is fine. However, why can't we just get on track with clean energy (development and research), reduce consumption, and find a way to be less dependent on materials that litter the earth? I like having a clean environment and I like to think that I don't want my trash to be someone else's problem. Everyone wants to consume more and more but they don't want the trash to pile up in their backyard. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Germany to close all of its coal plants by 2038. 

https://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-germany-coal-power-20190126-story.html?fbclid=IwAR3iVY8bIaN3QE-S--K4NWpmtA4IqX_kId4UguUJO4rsM8B7vH8tiVwUIEw

12 minutes ago, jaws said:

Ok, so lets say you don't believe man has contributed to global warming, I guess that is fine. However, why can't we just get on track with clean energy (development and research), reduce consumption, and find a way to be less dependent on materials that litter the earth? I like having a clean environment and I like to think that I don't want my trash to be someone else's problem. Everyone wants to consume more and more but they don't want the trash to pile up in their backyard. 

I’ve asked this many a time. Pretty much everything people want to do to slow down climate change also reduce health problems that are caused by pollution. It doesn’t matter if climate change is real. Our health is already being harmed by the same things that are said to cause it.

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’ve asked this many a time. Pretty much everything people want to do to slow down climate change also reduce health problems that are caused by pollution. It doesn’t matter if climate change is real. Our health is already being harmed by the same things that are said to cause it.

This has always been my stance with renewable energy. Even if current fuel means aren't destroying our environment, they won't last forever. So why wouldn't you want to switch to renewable energy?

• Plus1 3

38 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Five year olds are able to construct better arguments than this buffoon. They can also comprehend that global warming leads to more severe and extreme weather patterns, not just warmer weather. 

They might also point out that the globe is round, and on the other side of the Earth, Australia is currently facing a deadly and unprecedented heatwave. 

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

They might also point out that the globe is round, and on the other side of the Earth, Australia is currently facing a deadly and unprecedented heatwave. 

Is that true?  out of the next 10 days or so it looks like only one day is over 82...(Sydney, that is)  

I guess I always thought it was much warmer in most parts of Australia.  I have never been but I would love to go visit.

Just now, Clifford Franklin said:

(specifically, the people who don't want to switch from fossil fuels have WAY more $$$ to throw around than We the People.)

Of course!  But there are a lot of countries that can't afford anything other than the dirtiest of coals.  It sucks but it is true.

41 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

This has always been my stance with renewable energy. Even if current fuel means aren't destroying our environment, they won't last forever. So why wouldn't you want to switch to renewable energy?

I think it'll happen when it's more efficient and profitable to do so.

• Fire 1