The Environment

f#&% these people. They can't crawl back to the holes they came out of soon enough. They don't like what they're hearing so they've decided to hand pick scientists to tell the story they want to hear and want to put out there, to the detriment of all of us.

I can't read anymore Washington Post articles so I've posted the CNN quotes.

The White House is planning to assemble an "ad hoc group" of scientists to re-evaluate the federal government's current conclusions about climate science and the negative impact of fossil fuels, The Washington Post reported Sunday.

The Post, citing conversations with multiple unnamed administration officials, said that the group "would include scientists who question the severity of climate impacts and the extent to which humans contribute to the problem."

The group would include researchers from within the government, the paper said. The "ad hoc group" would differ from a formal advisory committee because it would not be required to abide by the same amount of public disclosure.

Citing planning documents related to the committee, the Post said that it would have been led by William Happer, a National Security Council official and climate change skeptic who once compared the "demonization" of carbon dioxide to the treatment of Jews under Adolf Hitler.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/24/politics/white-house-climate-change/index.html

• Plus1 2

15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

f#&% these people. They can't crawl back to the holes they came out of soon enough. They don't like what they're hearing so they've decided to hand pick scientists to tell the story they want to hear and want to put out there, to the detriment of all of us.

I can't read anymore Washington Post articles so I've posted the CNN quotes.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/24/politics/white-house-climate-change/index.html

When the science doesn't match your narrative, find "creative" ways to change the science. :movegoalpost:

24 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This was copy and pasted from The Onion, right? :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I’m becoming more and more convinced Trump is just F**king with everyone. 

A group of us were talking at lunch the other day and discussing if Trump really wanted to win the election.  There are enough reports out there that it might be true.  If it is true, it seems like he's trying to make sure he doesn't win a re-election.  But the funny thing is, the more questionable he gets, the more his base rallies behind him.  

• Plus1 3

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

A group of us were talking at lunch the other day and discussing if Trump really wanted to win the election.  There are enough reports out there that it might be true.  If it is true, it seems like he's trying to make sure he doesn't win a re-election.  But the funny thing is, the more questionable he gets, the more his base rallies behind him.  

Yep....and when you talk to these supporters, they turn to...."well....see the sacrifice he is making for the country?  He doesn't even want to be there."  :facepalm:

• Plus1 1

Most US coal plants are contaminating groundwater with toxins, analysis finds

Of the 265 US power plants that monitor groundwater, 242 have reported unsafe levels of at least one pollutant derived from coal ash, which is the remnants of coal after it is burned for energy. More than half such facilities report unsafe levels of arsenic, a carcinogen linked to multiple types of cancer, with 60% finding elevated lithium, which is associated with neurological damage.

In all, nine out of every 10 coal plants with reportable data have tainted nearby groundwater with at least one coal ash pollutant, with a majority having unsafe levels of at least four different toxins.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Here we have a politician who ACTUALLY gives a s#!t about you and we have posters here who think Donald Trump cares about them :laughpound

I had been thinking a lot about this lately before watching this. We can't afford to have what happened in Nebraska happen more often. We can't sustain that. Prevention is cheaper. I agree with pretty much everything she says here and I like that she's heated about it. I'm sick of politicians s#!tting on science either because they're stupid or because they're greedy.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

I don’t remember which topic it was discussed in but now that I know more about her I don’t agree AOC is the left’s Trump. 

They may have a lot in common. They may both say inaccurate and/or stupid things. But AOC wants to help people and that’s clearly not the case with Trump. That makes them extremely different in my opinion.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1