The Environment

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Looking into it is less "decided" than I thought, but I remember being taught 10-15 years ago that global warming would cause worse winters further south because the Artic warming would cause pockets of cold from the Artic to shift south while the artic warmed. Guess it is still being investigated from what I read. Maybe this lends more credence to that theory?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, deedsker said:

Looking into it is less "decided" than I thought, but I remember being taught 10-15 years ago that global warming would cause worse winters further south because the Artic warming would cause pockets of cold from the Artic to shift south while the artic warmed. Guess it is still being investigated from what I read. Maybe this lends more credence to that theory?

Yes, I believe it does. 

16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Oh crap.....now we only have 9 yrs left....WTF....wonder if I can access my 401K without penalty since the world won’t be around when it’s my retirement time 

And the sale of guns and ammo is skyrocketing every time these idiots tell everyone that this s#!t is going to happen and it will be a free for all.

• Plus1 1

The next environmental issue- Sand.  Could we be running out of sand:ahhhhhhhh

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/05/sand-shortage-the-world-is-running-out-of-a-crucial-commodity.html

• Sand is the world’s most consumed raw material after water and an essential ingredient to our everyday lives.
    • Yet, the world is facing a shortage — and climate scientists say it constitutes one of the greatest sustainability challenges of the 21st century.
    • “Is it time for panicking? Well, that will certainly not help, but it is time to take a look and change our perception about sand,” said Pascal Peduzzi, a climate scientist with the United Nations Environment Programme.