The Environment

35 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Wherein Archy pretends that nebulous claims about another "crowd" is a defense of the specific and cited thing that Zero Hedge did. Kids around the world blaming their sibling for a different offense would be proud.

Wherein Denver pretends the data provided doesn’t exist because he can’t seem to figure out what to do with it.  It doesn’t fit his agenda, yet he can’t refute it so he yells squirrel.   Debate teachers would be prou….err never mind. 

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Wherein Denver pretends the data provided doesn’t exist because he can’t seem to figure out what to do with it.  It doesn’t fit his agenda, yet he can’t refute it so he yells squirrel.   Debate teachers would be prou….err never mind. 

By all means, show me where I pretended the data doesn't exist. It'll go about as well for you as avoiding defending the original point.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

By all means, show me where I pretended the data doesn't exist. It'll go about as well for you as avoiding defending the original point.

Your original post was moronic.  Data is data yet you have an issue with it because of some “shame” issue of yours?  LOL   Ya that went well for you.  

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

“Shaming”.  That’s pretty rich considering it’s the go-to move for all the ‘world is going to end in 12 yrs if we don’t immediately stop carbon emissions’ crowd.   

Or is 8 now?   It changes so fast who can keep up:ahhhhhhhh

it has never been eight or twelve years till the world is destroyed. The suggestion by scientists has been that we may only have a decade or so before we hit a tipping point we can’t correct, and the subsequent hundred years will have a dramatic affect on all life on earth, starting with the billion or so humans living near the ocean. They started these predictive models years ago, and they’ve accelerated much faster than anticipated. Many scientists think we’ve already passed the tipping point. 4 out of 5 wish you’d stop posting.

• Plus1 3

59 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

it has never been eight or twelve years till the world is destroyed. The suggestion by scientists has been that we may only have a decade or so before we hit a tipping point we can’t correct, and the subsequent hundred years will have a dramatic affect on all life on earth, starting with the billion or so humans living near the ocean. They started these predictive models years ago, and they’ve accelerated much faster than anticipated. Many scientists think we’ve already passed the tipping point. 4 out of 5 wish you’d stop posting.

Welp, if we passed the tipping point then party on right.  

And 4 out of 5 would be wrong I guess.  They are free to stop reading though:dunno

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I guess this is when you provide data to refute that source:dunno.   Or most likely not.  

Are you now a coral reef ecology expert too?  

The study within the spin of ZeroHedge is legit but the conclusion drawn from by ZeroHedge is garbage at this time.  Probably another example of you getting out over your skiis.  I noticed in the article that ZeroHedge was pretty big on discrediting the scientists.  Those damn liberal scientists.   I guess the guys at ZeroHedge are the legit coral reef ecologists now. 

But before you do another premature victory dance.

"The majority of recovery was driven by increases in the fast-growing Acropora corals, which have proliferated across many GBR reefs. Once established, these corals enter an exponential growth phase which rapidly increases measures of percent hard coral cover, as documented in this year’s results. However, the fast growth comes at a cost, the skeleton is less dense than other slower growing corals, making them particularly susceptible to wave damage, like that generated by strong winds and tropical cyclones.

They are also highly susceptible to coral bleaching and are the preferred prey for crown-of-thorns starfish. This means that large increases in hard coral cover can quickly be negated by disturbances on reefs where Acropora predominate."

Sounds like some weak colonizers have proliferated and are dominating.  That usually isn't stable.  Sorry to bust your bubble.

12 hours ago, Scarlet said:
16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you now a coral reef ecology expert too? 

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express

The study within the spin of ZeroHedge is legit

Ok, thanks.

, making them particularly susceptible to wave damage, like that generated by strong winds and tropical cyclones.

They are also highly susceptible to coral bleaching and are the preferred prey for crown-of-thorns starfish.

Wow….I never knew starfish and cyclones were man made global warming that is affecting the GBR.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Your original post was moronic.  Data is data yet you have an issue with it because of some “shame” issue of yours?  LOL   Ya that went well for you.  

Yeah, I didn't think you could defend that stance or show me where I said the data didn't exist. Poor misdirect try.

• Haha 1

I think it would be most fair to everyone if the climate deniers and anti-vaxxers were given their own country (I'd be willing to sacrifice Idaho and Montana) where they were free to live their own life, listening to (or ignoring) their own scientists and medical professionals. In turn, they could not unite to f#&% up the adjacent United States of America. 

Maybe they'd prove us all wrong!

Worth trying, though. 

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express

Ok, thanks.

Wow….I never knew starfish and cyclones were man made global warming that is affecting the GBR.  

I figured that ecological succession would way over your head but thanks for proving that.

I love how many people pretend to care about the GBR.

Also, I am not into the climate or environment at all and I do not think global warming is anything more than the simple fact that the climate had only 3 ways to go, get hotter, get colder or stay the same.

With that said, the last few days here in Omaha make me 100% believe in global warming.  

• Plus1 1