The Environment

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Quit trying to scare @Archy1221!!!

He doesn’t like it when media talks about things like this!

Ya, I mean so many coastal cities have been swallowed whole by raging sea level rise.  Meanwhile the Democrat mega rich that keep telling us sea level rise sea level rise sea level rise keep buying coastal property.   Quite the conundrum those folks now have I guess 

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Sorry for the delay, just getting back to this.  

1) yes, man has had a slight effect on climate change.  

All the evidence points to man having a substantial effect on climate change, but I'm sure they're all paid off or something.

23 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

2). It’s alarmist because the dire predictions from even the 80’s haven’t come true and we have plenty of time to allow technological advances to get us to another source of energy.   It’s gotten so bad that just recently, national media are blaming obesity on climate change!!

Many of the predictions have come true. I even posted links showing how accurate they've been. But I'm sure some of the predictions were incorrect, so we can ignore the rest.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, I mean so many coastal cities have been swallowed whole by raging sea level rise.  Meanwhile the Democrat mega rich that keep telling us sea level rise sea level rise sea level rise keep buying coastal property.   Quite the conundrum those folks now have I guess 

Sea levels only rise about .13 inches per year currently. The bigger point is that that rate is massively accelerating.

But to your sarcastic point about how coastal cities aren't being swallowed whole, I mean sure we haven't had any cities wiped off the map (well, we actually kind of have, but you'll attribute those to freak events not correlated with climate change influencing sea levels), but homes and parts of towns on coastlines have absolutely been destroyed by rising sea levels.

Less than 20 years ago there were two more streets of houses further out than these sandbagged ones right on top of the tide in Ocean Isle Beach, NC

image.png.c55f0dca6ec02bf4169667bd383a3a21.png

• Plus1 1
On 8/15/2022 at 6:12 AM, Archy1221 said:

Can we agree that we would need to do things now in order to prevent or merely slow a 50 -100 year process of incremental environmental and economic losses? 

And can we agree that virtually anything proposed would be declared alarmist by you? 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Can we agree that we would need to do things now in order to prevent or merely slow a 50 -100 year process of incremental environmental and economic losses? 

And can we agree that virtually anything proposed would be declared alarmist by you? 

Archy will only agree that a measure is not alarmist as long as Koch Industries says so! 

Plus everybody knows science is a bunch of gobbledygook liberal nonsense.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Archy will only agree that a measure is not alarmist as long as Koch Industries says so! 

Plus everybody knows science is a bunch of gobbledygook liberal nonsense.

Nope

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Wow, you're just going to believe the radical leftists from China? By simply looking at a thermometer? 

Thermometers have a well known liberal bias dating back to the mid 1970s. If I used my Freedom Thermometer, which I purchased from Koch Industries™️, it'll tell you its a pleasant 71 degrees and the air is perfectly clean. 

In the extremely unlikely event mainstream science concludes the planet is rapidly warming leading to dire consequences, you better believe its not because of the actions of humanity. No sir. Any of the 96% of scientists who disagree are liberal hacks.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2