The Environment

5 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Didn't Rush pull this crap with the last hurricane, too? Oh yeah, he did. Check that link out for the straight dope from Rush on bottled water, the deep state, advancing the' man-made climate change agenda and the conspiracy to scare people into buying stuff they don't need from local businesses.

Oh, yeah. Then he left after saying all this stuff.

What an ass.

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

It's pretty much a tossup, right? I mean, Rush is a college dropout and former disc jockey after all. So he's eminently qualified to offer sound advise on pretty much anything.

What's terrible is we're in a time where every opinion is considered equal, even if one is from an expert and the other has no idea what they're talking about

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

50 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

I wish scientists and Democrats were as good at telling a story as Republicans.

They need to just shut the f#&% up about climate change whenever the thing that is helping cause climate change is also bad for people’s health. ALWAYS focus on people’s health if that is an issue, which it is here. Talk about breathing problems and cancer. Not climate change.

Pretty much every single thing humans do that causes climate change is also bad for health. If you want the people who can vote to act, talk about cancer. Show the skyline in Chinese cities, or in Los Angeles 30-40 years ago. Talk about HEALTH. 

• Plus1 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Who needs children's health anyway?

But Etzel’s ouster also appears to be part of a pattern across the Trump administration to repeal, dial back, or stall environmental regulations that were designed to protect kids’ health. Those moves come alongside other administration policies, on issues like immigrationand public welfare, that stand to have severe health consequences for children.

I mean what the fresh hell.

The people making these calls are monsters.

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...

When our Trump Fan HuskerBoard friends complain that everything we post here is anti-Trump, just once I'd like them to answer for how things like this are OK.

I don't want to be posting garbage like this.  But here we are, with a Republican government and we're not only running huge deficits and dealing with a Manchurian Candidate in the Oval Office, but we have people who hate the environment running the EPA. 

The only reason for things like this is that someone can make a profit doing it.  That's the basis for all of the things they do.  Greed.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

When our Trump Fan HuskerBoard friends complain that everything we post here is anti-Trump, just once I'd like them to answer for how things like this are OK.

I don't want to be posting garbage like this.  But here we are, with a Republican government and we're not only running huge deficits and dealing with a Manchurian Candidate in the Oval Office, but we have people who hate the environment running the EPA. 

The only reason for things like this is that someone can make a profit doing it.  That's the basis for all of the things they do.  Greed.

Ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really sure where blame belongs for this. Trump's anti-environment policies and the GOP's blanket climate denialism or indifference? Government mismanagement (the guy running FEMA was corrupt)? Maybe we should be sending 5200 troops to help with this instead of to the southern border.

Regardless, this is Trump's government now, and real people are getting hurt.

• Plus1 1

Air pollution linked to autism

The study of children in Shanghai, from birth to three years, found that exposure to fine particles (PM2.5) from vehicle exhausts, industrial emissions and other sources of outdoor pollution increased the risk of developing autism spectrum disorder (ASD) by up to 78%. The study included 124 ASD children and 1240 healthy children (as control) in stages over a nine-year period, examining the association between air pollution and ASD.

The study, published today in Environment International, is first to examine the effects of long-term exposure of air pollution on ASD during the early life of children in a developing country, adding to previous studies that have already linked prenatal air pollution exposure to ASD in children.

https://phys.org/news/2018-11-air-pollution-linked-autism.html

• Plus1 1