The Environment

22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Haven't listened to her speech but have read some quotes.  She isn't holding anything back.

I don't really like kids missing school, but good for her for being a bad a$$ and taking a stand.  

With that said, I also don't know a lot about the school system over there so maybe it isn't an issue.

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't really like kids missing school, but good for her for being a bad a$$ and taking a stand.  

With that said, I also don't know a lot about the school system over there so maybe it isn't an issue.

Hmmmm....Speaking in front of the UN.... Or putting a ton of salt in your friend's sugar bowl as they are making a batch of brownies in Foods Class....

Image result for which one to choose

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Hmmmm....Speaking in front of the UN.... Or putting a ton of salt in your friend's sugar bowl as they are making a batch of brownies in Foods Class....

Image result for which one to choose

I might be totally wrong, but hasn't she missed like a ton of school during this?  Again, I don't know for sure but I thought she has not been to school for awhile.  

Never mind, she graduated.  Also, in her country you only need 9 years of school and you can't home school.  Interesting!

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe she's actually so pissed off because her parents put her on a boat and sent her to the US instead of letting little Jimmy take her to Homecoming.

I also think she has autism (maybe?) from what I remember...and often times people with autism, when speaking about something they love, can seem really passionate and even sort of angry/excitable.

I know this is a generalization, so to the super crazy crowd, relax, it is just from my experience.

She has Asperger's syndrome.  I guess she also struggle with OCD and selective mutism.

With a mind like that she is going to be very focused and passionate about any cause she deems important.  Social cues be damned, which really isn't a bad thing in this case.  These leaders need someone to "actually" tell it like it is.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, funhusker said:

She has Asperger's syndrome.  I guess she also struggle with OCD and selective mutism.

With a mind like that she is going to be very focused and passionate about any cause she deems important.  Social cues be damned, which really isn't a bad thing in this case.  These leaders need someone to "actually" tell it like it is.

Thanks!

I had a kid with Aspergers, dude was SOOOO into the military and man when he got talking about it...it was all gas and no breaks.

• 3 weeks later...

This is an interesting subject.  The DNR in various states have been doing stuff like this for a long time.  For some reason, now it's becoming an issue with the owls.

This is a thread with several tweets.

Nebraska DNR has done stuff like this a number of times.  Some in a good way and some in a  really bad way.

Here's what's super duper great about this Johnny-come-lately realization by the Florida GOP - Trump's going to host the G7 Summit IN FLORIDA next year and guess what? They won't be talking about climate change!!!

Florida GOP leaders finally utter ‘sea level rise,’ lament ‘lost decade’

For the first time in a decade, a Florida Senate committee scheduled a meeting Monday to discuss the impact of climate change on the peninsula state.

What did senators learn?

“We lost a decade,’’ said Sen. Tom Lee, the Thonotosassa Republican who chairs the Committee on Infrastructure and Security.

He began the 90-minute hearing with three words that have not come from the lips of a Republican state senator in years: “Sea level rise.”

“There hasn’t been a lot of conversation about this. I understand that, and I understand why,’’ he continued, leaving unsaid that the words “climate change” were banned from the lexicon for much of the eight-year tenure of former Gov. Rick Scott, and the state’s response to it was not considered a priority.

But Lee, who served in the Senate for the last six years of Scott’s term, said he believes there has been “a paradigm shift” with Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis — who followed the lead of local governments in Florida and appointed a “chief resilience officer” to start talking about the effects of global warming on the state.

The new landscape comes with new political realities, Lee said. “There’s a younger generation of conservatives in this state that aren’t as much in denial.”

Idiots.

• Thanks 2