The Environment

44 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

You had my interest until I saw the 'February 2013' mark at the bottom.

We're going to be flying or driving forever here. Amtrak is a joke if you don't live in the northeast. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone elsewhere would use it. I just looked at a trip to NYC and it cost the same as flying but is a 30+ hour trip.

Ya, it's not actually happening. Even though it should and this would probably be a good time 'cause it would employ lots of people.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I wish I hadn't looked in this topic. I'm convinced we are f#&%ed long term regardless of who wins this election.

Yeah from what I can glean from your posts I may not be as pessimistic as you or some others on many things but the environment is not one of them.

The conservatives on the court, least of all creationists, give zero s#!ts about the environment or climate change if they feel the regulatory state is impeding the economy.

Like I wouldn't be shocked if the current court + Barrett just straight up ruled the EPA unconstitutional and disbanded it at some point.

• Plus1 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Even if Biden HAD congress...he said no to the Green New Deal during his campaigning.  So this isn't a change at all.

The Green New Deal isn't the only thing on the table. Even if Biden just rolls back trump's damage to environmental laws and gets us back into the Paris Accord, that's better than where we are today.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

The Green New Deal isn't the only thing on the table. Even if Biden just rolls back trump's damage to environmental laws and gets us back into the Paris Accord, that's better than where we are today.

Maybe. The Paris Accord was the minimum necessary a decade ago. Now it's not anywhere close to enough. It's just a matter of how fast the consequences of global warming happen unless we dramatically change directions in a WW2 style revolution of industry.