The Environment

I saw an interesting video on how the energy sector is being disrupted and makes the case that solar, wind, and batteries (SWB) will replace existing electricity sources in the next decade due to the economics. Not directly an environment issue but closely related.

23 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I saw an interesting video on how the energy sector is being disrupted and makes the case that solar, wind, and batteries (SWB) will replace existing electricity sources in the next decade due to the economics. Not directly an environment issue but closely related.

I’m all developing these technologies.  And, I’ve grown extremely skeptical of fossil fuel company propaganda.  

But, on the flip side, I have to view things like this with a skeptical eye.  What industry funded this and what do they have to benefit?  

Then we can start making wise decisions.  

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m all developing these technologies.  And, I’ve grown extremely skeptical of fossil fuel company propaganda.  

But, on the flip side, I have to view things like this with a skeptical eye.  What industry funded this and what do they have to benefit?  

Then we can start making wise decisions.  

RethinkX is a think tank started by Tony Seba, who was a Stanford prof specializing in technology disruptions. Not sure if there's a funding source with an agenda for this research, but you can find videos and papers by Seba predicting these type of disruptions going back at least 10 years.

• Plus1 1

The first sentence in this tweet really made me stop and think.

Are we any different than any other living species on the planet?  Does a tiger in the Serengeti really care about anything but himself?  The problem is, we as humans have a much bigger influence on the world than the tigers.  But, I think this explains a lot of the anti climate change faction of the world.  They personally haven't felt the affects, so why should they change what they do.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The first sentence in this tweet really made me stop and think.

Are we any different than any other living species on the planet?  Does a tiger in the Serengeti really care about anything but himself?  The problem is, we as humans have a much bigger influence on the world than the tigers.  But, I think this explains a lot of the anti climate change faction of the world.  They personally haven't felt the affects, so why should they change what they do.

I just can't can't into "saving" the environment.  I do nothing special to help and I can't imagine I ever will.  Now, I did stop buying the McDLT from McDonalds...not just because how big that styrofoam package was but also because it sucked.  But I do, at best, the bare minimum.    

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I just can't can't into "saving" the environment.  I do nothing special to help and I can't imagine I ever will.  Now, I did stop buying the McDLT from McDonalds...not just because how big that styrofoam package was but also because it sucked.  But I do, at best, the bare minimum.    

You could always join VHEMT.  Easy.  Just don't breed.  :smokin

http://www.vhemt.org/join.htm#tet

• 2 weeks later...