2018 BIG Board

I'd be happy if we could get even 2 or 3 of those guys.

Any idea how Will compares to older brother? I don't see him as being rated yet. It'd be nice to snag a running back with inside connections too as with Roberts. Definitely not room for two though and I'm sure he's not at the top of our board. Could be a case of swinging for the fences and missing on a kid we have a good shot with.

Matt was a lot bigger than Will going into his SR year but I've heard from a lot of people that Will is the best athlete in the family. Technique wise they both are great. Will did a lot for that offensive line as a center. Most centers in high aren't pulling. Will does a great job at it. Washington is absolutely loaded for this upcoming season. I do t think a team stays within 24. They won state with almost all sophomores and juniors. Their RB was a sophomore and POY in SD. If Will can get his weight up I think he will be a great center prospect.

Problem is that we already potentially have a RS FR starting at C next season.

Thanks for info. Good stuff.

Biggest need to pull in the BIG fish is winning which creates recruiting momentum. See USC as an example.

Unfortunately, I see next year as I did this year so I see us losing out on some key recruits.

Hope we get them next year because 2018 is so brutal I will just be hoping for a winning season.

I wouldn't say winning created USCs recruiting momentum. Let's face it they close well in socal every year

Okay ... then let's just say :bigredn: can't finish the season like we have done over the last few years. Must ... create ... momentum so these top players get a sense of an prick and something special brewing.

Any idea how Will compares to older brother? I don't see him as being rated yet. It'd be nice to snag a running back with inside connections too as with Roberts. Definitely not room for two though and I'm sure he's not at the top of our board. Could be a case of swinging for the fences and missing on a kid we have a good shot with.

Matt was a lot bigger than Will going into his SR year but I've heard from a lot of people that Will is the best athlete in the family. Technique wise they both are great. Will did a lot for that offensive line as a center. Most centers in high aren't pulling. Will does a great job at it. Washington is absolutely loaded for this upcoming season. I do t think a team stays within 24. They won state with almost all sophomores and juniors. Their RB was a sophomore and POY in SD. If Will can get his weight up I think he will be a great center prospect.

I like Raridon as a center prospect too. They are two years apart. Not a bad problem to have.

I fail to see how that is relevant? Raridon would be a RSJr by the time Will is a RSFr.

No Center prospect in the 2017 class, 2018 seems to be the perfect class to restock at Center if they think he's the one. In theory Will would be ready to take over as a RSJr and man the position for two years.

I've mentioned this before but if we plan on getting any of those top WR we need someone to have a breakout year this year as a selling point. I'm talking 100+ catches for over 1000 yards. I think we have at least two candidates. Recruits want to go to a school where they know they are going to get the ball

This would have been a great point to make last year but we just snagged three four star guys two days ago, including a consensus top 100 player. Two other AAs had us second but location kept them home.
I like our receivers I'm was more referring to the top 5* guys. The Donovan peoples-Jones type. If we get one of our guys to have a breakout year then that's a selling point because we don't have any 5*. KW can just attribute it to good coaching. Kinda like how OSU coach brags about putting guys in the league....easy to do when they have 5* after their name

The only 5 star WR Smith coached at OSU that is in the league was a converted injured QB.

Corey Brown (4 star), Jalin Marshall (4 star - HS QB), Braxton Miller (5 star - converted QB), Devin Smith (3 star), Michael Thomas (3 star)

It also looks like Noah Brown (4 star) will be drafted this year.

Smith has landed some 5 star guys, it just isn't at the WR position.

I've mentioned this before but if we plan on getting any of those top WR we need someone to have a breakout year this year as a selling point. I'm talking 100+ catches for over 1000 yards. I think we have at least two candidates. Recruits want to go to a school where they know they are going to get the ball

This would have been a great point to make last year but we just snagged three four star guys two days ago, including a consensus top 100 player. Two other AAs had us second but location kept them home.
I like our receivers I'm was more referring to the top 5* guys. The Donovan peoples-Jones type. If we get one of our guys to have a breakout year then that's a selling point because we don't have any 5*. KW can just attribute it to good coaching. Kinda like how OSU coach brags about putting guys in the league....easy to do when they have 5* after their name

The only 5 star WR Smith coached at OSU that is in the league was a converted injured QB.

Corey Brown (4 star), Jalin Marshall (4 star - HS QB), Braxton Miller (5 star - converted QB), Devin Smith (3 star), Michael Thomas (3 star)

It also looks like Noah Brown (4 star) will be drafted this year.

Smith has landed some 5 star guys, it just isn't at the WR position.

Well then..... I'll have to go with they had a better QB I guess lol

I fail to see how that is relevant? Raridon would be a RSJr by the time Will is a RSFr.

No Center prospect in the 2017 class, 2018 seems to be the perfect class to restock at Center if they think he's the one. In theory Will would be ready to take over as a RSJr and man the position for two years.

I was off on my timeline, was thinking they would be one more year closer.

I guess my basis for my opinion on Centers is that I don't necessarily like to recruit guys who potential is C. I'd much rather recruit guys capable of playing Guard and then moving them to c. Just my opinion though.

I'm expecting OSU making a good run at Babb, Trout and Woodbey. Their momentum is so huge it won't surprise me to see them in these battles and winning a couple of them.

We control are own outcome with recruiting effort and winning our games down the stretch. Presently, my view is we lose more big games down the stretch to slow our own recruiting momentum. This has been our trend for enough years that logic leads me here. The attrition of the season and our own failure to solidify our offensive and defensive lines always seems to get us.

This, I think we start off front runners in these battles and could miss out on a few in the end.