Resistance Action Items

For those wanting to take action and needing guidance on what to do when, who to reach out to and etc, this thread will be a growing list of things to do with timelines appropriate to votes and etc. Hopefully it will be a helpful tool for busy folks that can only find 10 mins to send an email or note. Scripts are also included if you'd like to use them.

• Fire 4

Trump has just given the go ahead for the DAPL, which he is financially invested in. It's crucial that we not let him use the office of president to line his own (substantial) wallet.

If you want to support Senator Warren's request to audit President Trump's finances for conflicts of interest, the Government Accountability Office says that the most effective way to be sure your support counts is to email two administrators, Katherine Siggerud and Timothy Minnelli -- and a third email address through which they're tracking people who are urging support for the audit.

Send ONE email addressed to: siggerudk@gao.gov, minnellit@gao.gov, congrel@gao.gov

Subject line: Re: Audit for President Trump's financial concerns

Dear Ms. Siggerud and Mr. Minnelli,

I’m writing in support of Senator Elizabeth Warren's request for an audit of President Trump's finances, to prohibit conflicts of interest that would prevent him from carrying out the responsibilities of the office without corrupt influence.

Sincerely,

(Your name, city & state)

• Fire 4

The Army is currently collecting comments about what concerns should be included in the environmental impact statement (EIS) they are preparing to do.

Please e-mail your comment to Mr. Gib Owen at gib.a.owen.civ@mail.mil

Sample text for the e-mail is below:

Dear Mr. Owen,

I am concerned about the dire consequences that potential leaks from the proposed pipeline will have on the Standing Rock Sioux. I am also concerned that this pipeline will further our nation's dependence on oil instead of encouraging it to move forward into an era of renewable energy. Please do not allow this pipeline to built through this route or any other.

Sincerely,

Your Name

• Fire 5

CONTACT RETAILERS TO BOYCOTT CARRYING IVANKA TRUMP PRODUCTS

Trump is using the office to benefit his family's bottom line. Calls and boycotts work. Neiman and Nordstrom listened and have taken Ivanka's clothing and shoe line off the shelves. Next target is to get Macy's to do the same.

Macy's Corporate Office phone number is 513-579-7000 and the executive is Mr. Terry Lundgern. Simply leave him a message stating if he continues to sell her clothing you will not shop at his store and that you will encourage others to do the same as well as cancel their lines of credit. You may also reach out to them via email form at: http://survey.medallia.com/?mcy-tuwyt-store

• Fire 4

Trump is using the office to benefit his family's bottom line. Calls and boycotts work. Neiman and Nordstrom listened and have taken Ivanka's clothing and shoe line off the shelves. Next target is to get Macy's to do the same.

Macy's Corporate Office phone number is 513-579-7000 and the executive is Mr. Terry Lundgern. Simply leave him a message stating if he continues to sell her clothing you will not shop at his store and that you will encourage others to do the same as well as cancel their lines of credit. You may also reach out to them via email form at: http://survey.medallia.com/?mcy-tuwyt-store [/quot

Macy's Corporate Office phone number is 513-579-7000 and the executive is Mr. Terry Lundgern. Simply leave him a message stating if he continues to sell her clothing you will not shop at his store and that you will encourage others to do the same as well as cancel their lines of credit. You may also reach out to them via email form at: http://survey.medallia.com/?mcy-tuwyt-store

It is working ... https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/829356871848951809

• Fire 2

Two of these initiatives ... post cards/letters to the leadership at the White House ... one for February (mailing on the 11th) and another for March (mailing 3/12). (****ps, text pasted below is not my verbiage, so forgive the overdramatics)

Write whatever you are passionate about. We know they won't read all of them (or any of them), but they will get the message that we are furious with them.

Address cards to the following:

President Donald Trump White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W.
Washington DC 20500

VP Michael Pence White House
Washington, DC 20500

• Fire 2

Two of these initiatives ... post cards/letters to the leadership at the White House ... one for February (mailing on the 11th) and another for March (mailing 3/12). (****ps, text pasted below is not my verbiage, so forgive the overdramatics)

Write whatever you are passionate about. We know they won't read all of them (or any of them), but they will get the message that we are furious with them.

Washington DC 20500

Washington, DC 20500

You want me to write on it?

Won't they get the message if I just wipe my ass with it?

It's working ...

• Fire 2

Washington DC 20500

Washington, DC 20500

Cool by me - as long as your mail carrier is fine with it.

• Fire 2

Washington DC 20500

Washington, DC 20500

Cool by me - as long as your mail carrier is fine with it.

:lol:

Thanks for putting this together!