Resistance Action Items

LET THE FCC KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THEIR THREAT TO END NET NEUTRALITY

Trump is threatening to take away net neutrality. This is BAD for all of us. If you watched John Oliver last night this will all sound familiar. The FCC takes feedback from the public, but because of the shear amount they received the last time this issue came up, they've made it challenging to actually find their site and send feedback for the particular bill.

Oliver made it easy for us. Simply click on the link below:

www.gofccyourself.com

Click on "restoring internet freedom"

On the left side of the page click "New Filing"

Check "Express" which is the middle tab on the top of the page

You'll have to complete the form online with some personal information - Leave your feedback in the comments section.

• Fire 2

Trump is threatening to take away net neutrality. This is BAD for all of us. If you watched John Oliver last night this will all sound familiar. The FCC takes feedback from the public, but because of the shear amount they received the last time this issue came up, they've made it challenging to actually find their site and send feedback for the particular bill.

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/proceedings?q=name:((17-108))

You'll have to complete the form online with some personal information - Leave your feedback in the comments section.

Or go use gofccyourself.com (goes to same website courtesy John Oliver) and click "+ Express" to the right of "Restoring Internet Freedom"

Be sure to say you support net neutrality (which means Title 2 oversight of ISP's by the FCC) in the comments.

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/proceedings?q=name:((17-108))

Thanks for posting this, NM.

I cranked out a quick note. Net neutrality is a big issue for everybody, so I decided I could make the time. I hope they get flooded.

CALL, EMAIL OR RESISTBOT YOUR REPS ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU THINK GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE LED BY QUALIFIED, TRUSTWORTHY PEOPLE (scripts below):

Action: Advocate for integrity in leadership.

Call/Resistbot: All 3 of your MoCs (lookup or leave message).

Script: Hi. I’m a constituent from _ZIP_. I’m concerned about Jared Kushner’s integrity. He didn’t disclose meetings with a foreign bank or ambassador to gain security clearance and is still benefitting financially from his businesses. I would like you to join Sen. Warren, Sen. Carper, and Rep. Cummings in asking ethics officials for information about Kushner’s dishonesty and failure to divest.

Action: Support an independent investigation of 45’s ties to Russia. Yep. Still.

Call/Resistbot: All 3 MoCs. Keep the pressure on (lookup or leave message).

Script: Hi. I’m from _ZIP_ and am more concerned than ever about Trump’s ties to Russia. Are you willing to join Republicans like John McCain and Darrell Issa and Democrats Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden in publicly supporting an independent investigation?

Action: Advocate for White House visitor transparency.

Call/Resistbot: Your two senators (lookup or leave message).

Script: Hi. I’m calling from _ZIP_ to request that you support and cosign Senate Bill 953 which would make White House visitor logs public. I don’t trust our president and want more transparency.

• Fire 2

CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS ON TRUMP DISCLOSING HIGHLY CLASSIFIED INFORMATION TO THE RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTER AND THE RUSSIAN AMBASSADOR:

Send an email detailing your feelings on this abhorrent breach. Not sure who your reps are? Check out the links below to be connected to their profiles, which makes it easy to email them directly:

http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

(or try Resistbot.com - I found that its been jammed up tonight)

• Fire 2

LET THE EPA KNOW THAT YOU OPPOSE WAIVING OF REGULATIONS

Visit: EPA chlorpyrifos comment page by June 5. Click dark blue button on right.

Copy this script: AND add words of your own (or the EPA will disregard it).

I object to the denial of the petition to revoke tolerance for chlorpyrifos, a dangerous chemical that causes birth defects and neurological damage. The MSDS states, “Fetotoxicity and fetal developmental abnormalities were observed in a chronic ingestion study of pregnant mice . . . Effects reported in [human] workers repeatedly exposed include impaired memory and concentration, acute psychosis, severe depressions, social withdrawal, confusion, headache, speech difficulties, delayed reaction times, spatial disorientation, nightmares, sleepwalking, and drowsiness or insomnia.” Most farmers know to use less harmful, more effective chemicals to solve pest problems. All tolerances for this chemical should be revoked.

• Fire 1

REACH OUT TO YOUR REPS TO LET THEM KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE NEW FEDERAL COMMISSION ON ELECTION INTEGRITY STARRING KANSAN KRIS KOBACH

Call/email/Resistbot your Members Of Congress

Script: Hi. I’m a constituent from _ZIP_ and am calling to express my concern about Trump’s new election integrity commission. Considering the lack of support for claims of widespread voter fraud, this panel is a huge waste of taxpayer money. What is _NAME_ doing to oppose this panel?

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

CONTACT SENATORS WHO ARE ON THE FENCE (AND TARGETS FOR A NO VOTE) ON TRUMPCARE - LET THEM KNOW HEALTHCARE IS A RIGHT FOR ALL AMERICANS:

Lamar Alexander (TN)

202-224-4944

455 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Shelly Moore Capito (WV)

202-224-6472

172 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Bill Cassidy (LA)

202-224-5824

520 Hart SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Susan Collins (ME)

202-224-2523

413 Dirksen SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Bob Corker (TN)

202-224-3344

425 Dirksen SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Tom Cotton (AR)

202-224-2353

124 Russell SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Jeff Flake (AZ)

202-224-4521

413 Russell SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Cory Gardner (CO)

202-224-5941

354 Russell SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Lindsey Graham (SC)

202-224-5972

290 Russell SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Dean Heller (NV)

202-224-6244

324 Hart SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Lisa Murkowski (AK)

202-224-6665

522 Hart SOB

Washington, DC 20510

Rob Portman (OH)

202-224-3353

448 Russell SOB

Washington, DC 20510

• Fire 1

Based on yesterday's comments about Trumps trip I don't think Corker will take a stand either.

We only need three though - and these are states that will be bigly impacted. I think we get Collins, and Murkowsi for sure (they've shown consistently that they "think" through things, and they are big into rights and healthcare). I'm also going to say Flake & Alexander and Graham (though for different reasons) all see the light.

Regardless - gotta let them know.

• Fire 2

Based on yesterday's comments about Trumps trip I don't think Corker will take a stand either.

We only need three though - and these are states that will be bigly impacted. I think we get Collins, and Murkowsi for sure (they've shown consistently that they "think" through things, and they are big into rights and healthcare). I'm also going to say Flake & Alexander and Graham (though for different reasons) all see the light.

Regardless - gotta let them know.

I agree, we've got no excuse to not try.

Being that Murkowski and Collins are the two most moderate GOP senators (and thus most vulnerable if they kowtow to Trump), I agree. Shame that they got excluded from writing the bill.

Alexander is a huge ACA skeptic. I listened to a podcast with him last year from FiveThirtyEight where he talked about all of its flaws. I doubt he flips, since he's also on the Senate panel.

To me, Heller, Cassidy, Flake & Portman are the next most likely. Heller and Flake are up for reelection in 2018 and Cassidy in 2020. I think they all have vested interests in killing this bill based on political expediency moreso than their own beliefs, but we've got to take what we can get. Portman just seems sane to me. But I've learned to not count on that.

• Fire 1