Resistance Action Items

• 7 months later...

Less than 100 days to go and it's obvious that part of this administration's plan is to make it harder to vote.  There will be fewer polling locations in your states, which means longer wait times and the folks that typically staff the polls are at high risk for Covid so there are already issues with staffing.  

Are you healthy and want to make sure that others can use their right to vote?  Volunteer to help on election day at the link below:

https://www.powerthepolls.org

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...

I've never considered myself part of "the resistance" though I was definitely one of the OG Never Trumpers. It was glaringly apparent to me immediately how awful a human being and a demagogue he is.

But to this end, I've been volunteering a lot to help GOTV for November. Everything I've done has been from home and tech based, so anyone can do it. And I've done so both nationally and locally as turning MI blue this year would be big.

It feels great to know I'm doing something concrete to reach actual voters and make a difference rather than being a passive observer.

If anyone has some spare time and wants to put it to good use, feel free to PM me. I can try to direct you towards helping in whatever capacity you choose. Lots of different opportunities if you're so inclined!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

I've never considered myself part of "the resistance" though I was definitely one of the OG Never Trumpers. It was glaringly apparent to me immediately how awful a human being and a demagogue he is.

But to this end, I've been volunteering a lot to help GOTV for November. Everything I've done has been from home and tech based, so anyone can do it. And I've done so both nationally and locally as turning MI blue this year would be big.

It feels great to know I'm doing something concrete to reach actual voters and make a difference rather than being a passive observer.

If anyone has some spare time and wants to put it to good use, feel free to PM me. I can try to direct you towards helping in whatever capacity you choose. Lots of different opportunities if you're so inclined!

Anything that increases voter turnout is good, imo. When you consider that the last 2-3 Presidential elections only consisted of  60% +/- of registered voters, it could make a huge difference. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, DevoHusker said:

Anything that increases voter turnout is good, imo. When you consider that the last 2-3 Presidential elections only consisted of  60% +/- of registered voters, it could make a huge difference. 

No kidding!

I sometimes sit around and wonder how different our politics and government would be if the ~40-50% of disinterested, apathetic part of the population that just chooses not to engage in politics decided to take part and actually vote.

• Plus1 1