Huskers Looking Into Virtual Augmented Reality

Mavric

Seems gimickie too me. I could see it for training your eye to pick up movements on a fastball but I don't think I like for football.

If they can develop the tech to where a coach can go into a virtual playing field with his players and stop/pause/rewind/highlight elements, it would be infinitely valuable. Imagine the blackshirts and Diaco all in a room in VR and Diaco is in the middle of "live" game action showing players how to pick up route trees and stunt and blitz and such.

If only there is a way to simulate game play in real life. Could you imagine how much doing something like that would help?! :B):P

It sounds like they are working on it, right after making portable fire and suspender-less pants... ;P

Seems gimickie too me. I could see it for training your eye to pick up movements on a fastball but I don't think I like for football.

If they can develop the tech to where a coach can go into a virtual playing field with his players and stop/pause/rewind/highlight elements, it would be infinitely valuable. Imagine the blackshirts and Diaco all in a room in VR and Diaco is in the middle of "live" game action showing players how to pick up route trees and stunt and blitz and such.

If only there is a way to simulate game play in real life. Could you imagine how much doing something like that would help?! :B):P

I know this is tongue in cheek but the application would be much different and more valuable than just practice reps would.

I could see how this would be more effective during practices cause they'll have the proper equipment on the field but how would this help the players when it comes time to go over that game film if the VR equipment isn't on the field to take advantage of that VR feel?

How would this VR technology take over reviewing game film?

I could see how this would be more effective during practices cause they'll have the proper equipment on the field but how would this help the players when it comes time to go over that game film if the VR equipment isn't on the field to take advantage of that VR feel?

It won't. Photogrammetry isn't too the point of accomplishing that dynamically yet.

It won't. Photogrammetry isn't too the point of accomplishing that dynamically yet.

That's what I thought....thanks

I imagine this could have done Tommy Armstrong some good for reading defenses with no risk of injury.

As if it's going to translate to the field that easily.

I imagine this could have done Tommy Armstrong some good for reading defenses with no risk of injury.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/08/17/ap-fbo-virtual-reality-training

"When it's time for the test, Buchanan can look around just like in real life, with a complete 360-degree field of vision. He hears the play call from a coach or another player and then checks the formation and reads the defense pre-snap. After the ball is snapped, he watches how the defense reacts and then turns his head to the player he wants to receive the ball.

If it's the right choice, the ball flies through the air and connects with the receiver. If not, the simulator informs the QB a wrong decision has been made."

It's not a perfect system yet, but as far as I can tell it doesn't count against your limited on-field practice time so. . .no-brainer.

"When it's time for the test, Buchanan can look around just like in real life, with a complete 360-degree field of vision. He hears the play call from a coach or another player and then checks the formation and reads the defense pre-snap. After the ball is snapped, he watches how the defense reacts and then turns his head to the player he wants to receive the ball.

If it's the right choice, the ball flies through the air and connects with the receiver. If not, the simulator informs the QB a wrong decision has been made."

It's not a perfect system yet, but as far as I can tell it doesn't count against your limited on-field practice time so. . .no-brainer.

it's practice so how does it not count against the ncaa alloted time of practice? How much real football time do you feel is appropriate to give up to play a video game?

it's practice so how does it not count against the ncaa alloted time of practice? How much real football time do you feel is appropriate to give up to play a video game?

Isn't film technically practice? I mean thats where players truly learn and grasp the concepts before they apply them on the field.

I could see how if this was available to players during their down time it could be just as beneficial as sitting in their room watching hudl

• Fire 1