The First Trump Impeachment Thread

It seems to me that certain admin, embassy  and security staff would not be so alarmed about the call if it were so PERFECT. 

It seems it was not such a 'Perfect little call" as Trump said.  Kind of reminds me of "I did not have sex with that WOMAN". 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-lawyer-moved-transcript-of-trump-call-to-classified-server-after-ukraine-adviser-raised-alarms/ar-AAJC8D7

Moments after President Trump ended his phone call with Ukraine’s president on July 25, an unsettled national security aide rushed to the office of White House lawyer John Eisenberg.

Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the top Ukraine adviser at the White House, had been listening to the call and was disturbed by the pressure Trump had applied to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate his political rivals, according to people familiar with Vindman’s testimony to lawmakers this week.

Vindman told Eisenberg, the White House’s legal adviser on national security issues, that what the president did was wrong, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post

Scribbling notes on a yellow legal pad, Eisenberg proposed a step that other officials have said is at odds with long-standing White House protocol: moving a transcript of the call to a highly classified server and restricting access to it, according to two people familiar with Vindman’s account.

The details of how the White House clamped down on information about the controversial call comes as the House impeachment inquiry turns its focus to the role of Eisenberg, who has served as deputy White House counsel since the start of Trump’s administration. House impeachment investigators on Wednesday evening announced they have asked Eisenberg and a fellow White House lawyer, Mike Ellis, to testify Monday.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Wowza! 

Also I keep saying Republicans say testimony is very concerning and not very good, but nothing impeachable. I ask whoever said that, what is considered impeachable??

More Mob/Mafia tactics - bribe those who might be  your judge -  kill them (politically speaking) if they don't participate in taking your bribe.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Wowza! 

Also I keep saying Republicans say testimony is very concerning and not very good, but nothing impeachable. I ask whoever said that, what is considered impeachable??

5 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

More Mob/Mafia tactics - bribe those who might be  your judge -  kill them (politically speaking) if they don't participate in taking your bribe.

You can't spell "jury tampering" without "Trump".

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

So constitutionally, I wonder what the possible ramifications could be. If these payments are legally challenged as "bribes" before an impending impeachment hearing, I assume it would be SCOTUS who would hear the arguments...then what? Could some Senators be disqualified from taking part in the process? If so, would removal from office then be up to two-thirds of the remaining number of eligible jurors instead of the original 100? Is the President's impeachment trial put on hold while the Senators who accepted the bribes are themselves impeached and potentially removed from office first?

There may not be constitutional language to address such a situation, because the founders may not have imagined this level of corruption actually existing!

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

So constitutionally, I wonder what the possible ramifications could be. If these payments are legally challenged as "bribes" before an impending impeachment hearing, I assume it would be SCOTUS who would hear the arguments...then what? Could some Senators be disqualified from taking part in the process? If so, would removal from office then be up to two-thirds of the remaining number of eligible jurors instead of the original 100? Is the President's impeachment trial put on hold while the Senators who accepted the bribes are themselves impeached and potentially removed from office first?

There may not be constitutional language to address such a situation, because the founders may not have imagined this level of corruption actually existing!

This is along the line of what I am also wondering. What stops Trump from committing more crimes to distract us from the original and stop the investigation all together? 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1