The First Trump Impeachment Thread

This wasn't really relevant as far as evidence goes, but I thought it was one of the more powerful moments from yesterday's hearings. It gave me chills and a lot of pride. An immigrant family fled the Soviet Block and now their son is realizing probably the greatest benefit of that freedom. He is able to speak out against one of the most powerful leaders in the world, with out fear. Sometimes we need a reminder of what this is actually about, right and wrong.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Sondland's Opening Statement: https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/politics/gordon-sondland-opening-remarks-impeachment-hearing/index.html?sr=twCNN112019gordon-sondland-opening-remarks-impeachment-hearing0908AMStory

He ain't about to be the fall guy.

I know that members of this Committee have frequently framed these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a "quid pro quo?" As I testified previously, with regard to the requested White House call and White House meeting, the answer is yes.

Everyone was in the loop. It was no secret.

I mentioned to Vice President Pence before the meetings with the Ukrainians that I had concerns that the delay in aid had become tied to the issue of investigations.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Huskerzoo said:

I could be wrong, but on that list of things Nunes said democrats were claiming....weren't a number of them confirmed? 

Yes but that is all they have is to attack the process. You notice the difference between Schiff and Nunes opening statement? Schiff is referring to testimony and dates, actual factual information. Nunes is just steadily attacking the process.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yes but that is all they have is to attack the process. You notice the difference between Schiff and Nunes opening statement? Schiff is referring to testimony and dates, actual factual information. Nunes is just steadily attacking the process.

Oh absolutely, I think it's important to highlight these things in meaningful ways though. Our whole protect the party by denying our own eyes and ears thing always gets a little too USSR/1984 for me. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Huskerzoo said:

Oh absolutely, I think it's important to highlight these things in meaningful ways though. Our whole protect the party by denying our own eyes and ears thing always gets a little too USSR/1984 for me. 

Definitely. This hearing in particular will likely be the worst in that regard because Sondland is about to undeniably put this on Trump.