The First Trump Impeachment Thread

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

These  guys are utterly dangerous to this nation. I can't believe that a representative is allowed to lie to the American people like this.l, and to what end other than destroing the fabric of this country.

• Plus1 3
39 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

Now on to the important question. Does anyone care?

This feels like the "I could shoot someone on Pennsylvania Ave and be fine" defense will be used. I don't think the Rs will throw Rudy under the bus. 

May not matter whether they do depending on how the investigations into Giuliani's lobbying and campaign finance woes goes.

Whether or not Barr allows NY fed prosecutors to actually bring charges against Giuliani is a whole other issue, though. The level of corruption we're currently living through is unfortunate.

It's astonishing just watching this circus with no particular bias one way or the other. 

Reading through this far-left (& never-Trump) echo chamber, people think the case is irrefutable and Trump is doomed

Reading through Republican media sources, they're poking holes in the case and say it's a sham.

It's really mind-blowing to see how the 2 sides just live in alternate realities (both of which are probably wrong btw) and just let their confirmation biases run amok..

• Plus1 1
Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

It's astonishing just watching this circus with no particular bias one way or the other. 

Reading through this far-left (& never-Trump) echo chamber, people think the case is irrefutable and Trump is doomed

Reading through Republican media sources, they're poking holes in the case and say it's a sham.

It's really mind-blowing to see how the 2 sides just live in alternate realities (both of which are probably wrong btw) and just let their confirmation biases run amok..

What exactly is your view of situation, if both narratives you mentioned are wrong?

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

The facts are kindergarten-level basic.  Where do you see room for dispute?

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Plus1 4
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

What exactly is your view of situation, if both narratives you mentioned are wrong?

Prior days of testimony appeared to show no wrong-doing, and multiple witnesses testified that explicitly. Today I watched the opening statement by Sondland, and the interjection of Giuliani was definitely interesting and somewhat troubling, as well as the fact that the white house apparently did not let him access the documents he would need in order to recall an accurate account of the events. Then Schiff's questioning was basically trying to put words into Sondland's mouth, which didn't work.... Still, no one has any evidence whatsoever that the foreign financial aid was contingent upon the investigation of Biden & Burisma - only assumptions... Meanwhile, no statement has been made, no investigation has been opened, and the aid has been released. So until that actually gets confirmed it's an open case

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It's astonishing just watching this circus with no particular bias one way or the other

2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Prior days of testimony appeared to show no wrong-doing, and multiple witnesses testified that explicitly. Today I watched the opening statement by Sondland, and the interjection of Giuliani was definitely interesting and somewhat troubling, as well as the fact that the white house apparently did not let him access the documents he would need in order to recall an accurate account of the events. Then Schiff's questioning was basically trying to put words into Sondland's mouth, which didn't work.... Still, no one has any evidence whatsoever that the foreign financial aid was contingent upon the investigation of Biden & Burisma - only assumptions... Meanwhile, no statement has been made, no investigation has been opened, and the aid has been released. So until that actually gets confirmed it's an open case

The three statements in bold explain the second quote.

When you fill your head with garbage, garbage comes out. Stop reading "Republican media sources."

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, knapplc said:

The three statements in bold explain the second quote.

When you fill your head with garbage, garbage comes out. Stop reading "Republican media sources."

Both sides are garbage, and there's very little media out there that isn't riddled with opinions, so.... I don't really care what you think about what I read tbh

• Plus1 1
Just now, ActualCornHusker said:

Both sides are garbage, and there's very little media out there that isn't riddled with opinions, so.... I don't really care what you think about what I read tbh

Sure, don't care. But when you come here with Republican opinions from Republican news sources that don't present facts, you can't really complain about this being an "echo chamber" when actual facts are given.

I mean... you're describing getting your news from an echo chamber. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 5