The First Trump Impeachment Thread

50 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Tulsi Gabbard, noted Democrat, doesn't vote to impeach Trump for crimes he admitted to on the White House lawn.

SUPER WEIRD.

Ahhhhhh, NOW I get why you're so quick to defend Google and downplay their blatant election rigging attempt!  You're mad at her for not voting Yay to impeach your boy!

Meanwhile they lost the Epstein surveillance footage because things like that tend to get misplaced ALL the time.  But I'm sure that's a coincidence and not at all because an impeachment makes a more distracting news story.  There I go making up conspiracies again though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Tulsi Gabbard, noted Democrat, doesn't vote to impeach Trump for crimes he admitted to on the White House lawn.

SUPER WEIRD.

I thought she couldn't vote on the impeachment since she is running for President :dunno

Edit: Never mind, just read that she couldn't decide one way the other and just voted "present"

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

SUPER WEIRD.

Worked for Obama.  He was a league leader in voting "present" on things that might make a record.

9 hours ago, teachercd said:

I wish we had a moderator that said "We will give the gentlemen 2 posts to respond with"

Do we have to address our remarks to Mr Moderator?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Redux said:

Ahhhhhh, NOW I get why you're so quick to defend Google and downplay their blatant election rigging attempt!  You're mad at her for not voting Yay to impeach your boy!

Meanwhile they lost the Epstein surveillance footage because things like that tend to get misplaced ALL the time.  But I'm sure that's a coincidence and not at all because an impeachment makes a more distracting news story.  There I go making up conspiracies again though.

This is the stupidest post I've seen in awhile.

• Plus1 5

Trump's not so veiled threat toward Schiff.  Trump again shows that he is nothing more than a thug, a mob boss.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/dec/18/adam-schiff-says-donald-trump-made-veiled-threat-o/

House Intelligence Chairman Adam B. Schiff said Wednesday that he believes President Trump attempted to threaten him by suggesting he be subjected to Guatemala’s justice system.

Mr. Schiff, California Democrat, was responding to a remark Mr. Trump made about him the previous day during a press conference held in the Oval Office alongside Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales.

Complaining about the congressman’s interpretation of his now-infamous July 25 phone call with the Ukrainian president, Mr. Trump said Tuesday: “In Guatemala, they handle things much tougher than that.”

“I think that’s what he intended it to be,” Mr. Schiff told CNN when asked if he considered the comment a threat.

“This is a president, after all, who has said of people who blow the whistle on him that they’re traitors and spies and should be treated as traitors and spies used to be treated,” he said. “We used to execute traitors and spies. So this is not a president above threatening anyone who gets in his way, anyone who stands up to him.”

Asked to further describe how he interpreted Mr. Trump’s remark, Mr. Schiff said he considered the undertone to be “very much a reference to Guatemala’s violent history.”

• Thanks 1

Im glad to hear that there is supposedly some consideration being given to holding up on the articles being sent to Congress (whether it's to add more to it or if its to wait until a fair trial is promised)

I did learn something last week though to keep in mind.  Any supeonas that are outstanding (Mulvaney et all) expire at the end of this congress' - so the newly elected congress, even if it's exactly the same folks (which we already know is not the case based on retirements alone) would have to start over.  I don't know however what happens to the impeachment articles - if they have to be reargued and rewritten, voted on etc - I'll have to dig more on that point.  But there is some "deadline" of sorts to get this tied up before new folks are in there (which would be interesting in the sense that if Trump got elected, we should keep the House without a lot of extra effort and it looks more possible that the Congress may see significant changes and potentially flip - can you imagine a Dem led house & congress going thru with impeachment?  Might make his re-election interesting for sure.  

A lot of what-ifs but I think we have a chance at flipping locally vs the electporal college screwing thing up again.