The First Trump Impeachment Thread

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Why do you think people would vote for Trump again?

I mean, I know his voters ignored the whole "Grab 'em by the pu&&y" thing and a myriad of other offenses that would have sunk any other candidate, so it's possible. But are they just going to overlook America's isolation, our fractured alliance with NATO, the disaster in North Korea, all the private meetings with Putin, and the whole list of other things Trump's done while in office?

I mean, honestly - what's the appeal of a guy who's done all this, and more?

It’s the same reason why all but 2 dems voted yes for impeachment and all the conservatives voted no. The system in this country is a joke. Voting and allegiances are black and white. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I mean, I know his voters ignored the whole "Grab 'em by the pu&&y" thing and a myriad of other offenses that would have sunk any other candidate, so it's possible. But are they just going to overlook America's isolation, our fractured alliance with NATO, the disaster in North Korea, all the private meetings with Putin, and the whole list of other things Trump's done while in office?

None of that stuff matters to Trump supporters. They love their guy. His appeal is that he is an unabashed a$$h@!e in everything he does, and a racist.

Think of it this way:

When JFK first ran for president, we had never had a Catholic prez before, no one thought he would win. But the Catholics loved him. They got "their guy."

When Obama came along as the first black nominee, the African American community had "their guy."

(that is not to say JFK and Obama didn't win on their own merits, and I am a big Obama fan, but there are certain segments of the population that would stick with JFK and Obama no matter what).

So when Trump came along, all the a$$h@!es and racists in America (and there is a hell of a lot of them) said, "that's our guy!" They finally got one of their own in the White House, when previously being a racist a$$h@!e was bad for one's political fortunes. Since racist a$$h@!es have someone like themselves as President, they are fiercely loyal. In addition to ignoring the bad stuff Trump does, they also embrace much of it, because well, they are a bunch of a$$h@!es.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It’s the same reason why all but 2 dems voted yes for impeachment and all the conservatives voted no. The system in this country is a joke. Voting and allegiances are black and white. 

funny...i am/was  a republican (newly registered independent) who hates what trump  has done to the party.  i must not be black or white.  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Waldo said:

So you're voting party allegiance no matter what Trump has done? Doesn't that perpetuate the problem?

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I guess I can't see Pence running, but maybe.

I don't see Sanders getting the nomination but I feel like he is the best debater.

You were probably right, Biden is the leader right now but I really really really hope he doesn't get the nomination. On the other side, I honestly agree about Pence. It's hard to say what direction they would go in in that scenario though. My hope would be a guy like Kasich but it would all depend on the GOP and what direction they want to go.

40 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think the appeal is he’s not a Democrat. Sadly, the country (especially in the Midwest and rust belt, IMO) is full of minimally educated, blue collar type workers who have an enormous disdain for democrats. They are easily manipulated and adore blowhards like Hannity, Carlson and Limbaugh which, among other factors, make it nearly impossible for them to approach politics with an open mind. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Now that Trump has been impeached, I wonder if this is the only impeachment he might suffer.

There are ample other things for which he could be impeached. This whole process took less than a year.

Anyone think they'll do it again, or is this it?  Kinda depends what Trump does (or keeps doing), huh?

I kind of think the Dems will concentrate on 2020 now after the senate 'trial'.  They don't want their message deluded by impeachment talk again.  The record has been set - Trump has been impeached.  Let that be one of the things the Dems run on but more positively they need to get their message out so the voters can 'impeach' him.  If by chance he is re-elected :grrthen I think it is game on again. 

I'm hoping something real concrete comes out of NYSD to make a difference. Even though I think what the Dems impeached him on is clear cut in my mind, there is enough 'he said she said' to give the GOP wiggle room. I don't know what it would be- I think it would have been exposed by now.

29 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I think the appeal is he’s not a Democrat. Sadly, the country (especially in the Midwest and rust belt, IMO) is full of minimally educated, blue collar type workers who have an enormous disdain for democrats. They are easily manipulated and adore blowhards like Hannity, Carlson and Limbaugh which, among other factors, make it nearly impossible for them to approach politics with an open mind. 

Manipulation occurs on both sides. College students come to mind on the left. Again, it’s the problem with the two-party system. I would guess a maximum of 25% of the country is in the middle and willing to vote based on their own opinions and beliefs. 

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Manipulation occurs on both sides. College students come to mind on the left. Again, it’s the problem with the two-party system. I would guess a maximum of 25% of the country is in the middle and willing to vote based on their own opinions and beliefs. 

Education=manipulation 

• Plus1 1