The First Trump Impeachment Thread

I wonder if the Ever Trumpers are ever going to admit they were wrong for sticking by him.

As more and more information comes out, stuff the Trumpists have been desperately trying to hide from the light of day, there's got to be some point where the Ever Trumpers finally say, "Wow. Maybe I was wrong."

LOL NAHHHHHHHHHH

Any old whooo...

"Given the sensitive nature of this request, I appreciate your keeping that information closely held to those who need to know to execute the decision."

Translation:  SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

wonder if the Ever Trumpers are ever going to admit they were wrong for sticking by him.

Well, if my conversation a week ago while sitting around with some Trump loving friends is any indication......the answer is NO. 

This was right before the impeachment vote and they were all pissed claiming he did nothing wrong and the Biden’s should be in jail. 

It actually ended up in a heated discussion that was rather uncomfortable. They all have known I don’t support Trump and so obviously I’m a liberal Hillary loving wacko. 

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, if my conversation a week ago while sitting around with some Trump loving friends is any indication......the answer is NO. 

This was right before the impeachment vote and they were all pissed claiming he did nothing wrong and the Biden’s should be in jail. 

It actually ended up in a heated discussion that was rather uncomfortable. They all have known I don’t support Trump and so obviously I’m a liberal Hillary loving wacko. 

Let me guess.  They all watch Fox News. 

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t get the thinking.  Trump thinks he’s in the clear because Biden did “the same thing”.  Yet, Biden should be investigated and jailed for what he did.

Also, Trump is refusing to comply with subpoenas to “protect future presidents.”  If he’s innocent he should set a precedent of full cooperation so future presidents can’t claim protections of their corrupt presidencies.

I mean, that is if he’s at all serious about “draining the swamp”...:rollin

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yes I said it back a couple pages.  If Trump really didn't want to help Ukraine he would threaten to/actually veto the law. 

The bill passed both the House and Senate with a supermajority of the vote. So even if he vetoed, Congress could override it.

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

I don’t get the thinking.  Trump thinks he’s in the clear because Biden did “the same thing”.  Yet, Biden should be investigated and jailed for what he did.

Also, Trump is refusing to comply with subpoenas to “protect future presidents.”  If he’s innocent he should set a precedent of full cooperation so future presidents can’t claim protections of their corrupt presidencies.

I mean, that is if he’s at all serious about “draining the swamp”...:rollin

I'm most interested in how McConnell is going to proceed. He could cut to a vote as quick as he can knowing the vote will go along party lines. Or if they were serious about "draining the swamp" they would call as many people as they can to testify, for any reason, and a lot of things that are currently hidden could come to light. I'm not getting my hopes up

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm most interested in how McConnell is going to proceed. He could cut to a vote as quick as he can knowing the vote will go along party lines. Or if they were serious about "draining the swamp" they would call as many people as they can to testify, for any reason, and a lot of things that are currently hidden could come to light. I'm not getting my hopes up

Who would you like to hear from?

4 hours ago, jsneb83 said:

The bill passed both the House and Senate with a supermajority of the vote. So even if he vetoed, Congress could override it.

So if it is that important you don't have to worry about it.  

But anyway the subthread started because I was pointing out to Knappic that his "Russian Asset" sent arms to Russia's opponent.  You have to let go of last summer's trope to pick up the new on this winter.

45 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Who would you like to hear from?

I'd like to put Hunter Biden on the stand and learn about what it takes to be a highly paid board member of an industry you know nothing about.  I might consider a career change.  Daddy Biden has assured us it was all on the up and up so there is nothing for Hunter to fear right?

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

The last time I have heard/seen this much stuff about Ukraine was when I was still playing Risk with my friends.

Ukraine is no joke. 

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

So if it is that important you don't have to worry about it.  

But anyway the subthread started because I was pointing out to Knappic that his "Russian Asset" sent arms to Russia's opponent.  You have to let go of last summer's trope to pick up the new on this winter.

I'd like to put Hunter Biden on the stand and learn about what it takes to be a highly paid board member of an industry you know nothing about.  I might consider a career change.  Daddy Biden has assured us it was all on the up and up so there is nothing for Hunter to fear right?

Ukraine is no joke. 

:facepalm:

• Plus1 2