The First Trump Impeachment Thread

7 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Well,  the witnesses wouldn't even have to relate to the case at hand, so there's an endless amount of people who could be called to testify. 

Well of course they can do that but to what end? That's why I'm asking who you'd like to hear from what information are you hoping is uncovered? 

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I've been hearing how Nancy Pelosi became a 'genius' all year.  This must be part of her master plan.

Speaking of geniuses...

Several pages ago you made the comment that if Trump was a Russian asset he would have tried to veto Ukrainian aid and Congress’s power attached to it.  You’ve yet to comment on the article that shows how the House has to leave out provisions for Ukrainian aide because of the threat of a Presidential veto.  Trump threatened to shut down the American government if he was forced to give aid approved by Congress.  He apparently cares just as much about controlling the aid as he does the “wall”.

Im just curious how this fits into your thought process. I wasn’t kidding with my “genius” remark, it would take a special kind of brain to put that puzzle together...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/murkowski-disturbed-by-mcconnells-senate-impeachment-strategy-11577319009

Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska said she is disturbed by the Senate majority leader’s promise of “total coordination” with the White House on impeachment proceedings against President Trump, marking a note of GOP dissension as party leaders prepare for the president’s impeachment trial.

Ms. Murkowski, a moderate, told Anchorage’s NBC affiliate KTUU on Tuesday that she opposed “being hand-in-glove with the defense” and expressed other concerns about the process. Her remarks came as the Senate attempts to set rules for the trial over two articles of impeachment passed by the House related to Mr. Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

The comments mark a rare instance of dissent in a party that has been largely unified behind the president and the first sign of potential disharmony among Senate Republicans. Even a handful of GOP senators opposing procedures could force Mitch McConnell, the Senate majority leader, to change his strategy on impeachment, given the party’s thin majority of 53 seats in the chamber.

Ms. Murkowski has previously spoken out against Republican leadership, opposing the confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh in 2018. She voted against the Senate’s effort to repeal the Affordable Care Act a year earlier. But her objections in the past haven’t significantly reoriented GOP policies, and it isn’t known whether any other moderates would consider following her lead this time.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:20 AM, funhusker said:

Speaking of geniuses...

Several pages ago you made the comment that if Trump was a Russian asset he would have tried to veto Ukrainian aid and Congress’s power attached to it.  You’ve yet to comment on the article that shows how the House has to leave out provisions for Ukrainian aide because of the threat of a Presidential veto.  Trump threatened to shut down the American government if he was forced to give aid approved by Congress.  He apparently cares just as much about controlling the aid as he does the “wall”.

Im just curious how this fits into your thought process. I wasn’t kidding with my “genius” remark, it would take a special kind of brain to put that puzzle together...

That House request sounds very unusual.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

the riders the Ds attempted to add.

trump wants to stop all the aid to ukrain because the dems added a rider?   why not demand the riders be removed rather than demand an end to all the aid?  unless stopping the aid is the end goal