The First Trump Impeachment Thread

27 minutes ago, commando said:

i saw this yesterday from a source i didn't know or trust....but seeing tribe mention it and mention what book it is from confirms it for me

EOlRtfWUwAARhMY.jpg

If that happened we'd be hearing "Trump is right you know, we never had the right to that land. Trump is making a great deal for our country"

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

I know I'll get grief for this, but do we really need to hold someone to their words from 45 years ago? We all grow and change with age. Is this a position he holds to this day?

Here's how I see it. If your outdated belief was acceptable when you held it, I'll give you the space to not let it define you as a person.

If we already knew better and you still held it, which 1974 is flirting dangerously with, then you need to show active and explicit evidence that you have changed, or I'll continue to assess you by your previously evidenced beliefs. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, ZRod said:

I know I'll get grief for this, but do we really need to hold someone to their words from 45 years ago? We all grow and change with age. Is this a position he holds to this day?

in this case his client holds those same views. so hard to say he doesn't hold those same views.   

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Here's how I see it. If your outdated belief was acceptable when you held it, I'll give you the space to not let it define you as a person.

If we already knew better and you still held it, which 1974 is flirting dangerously with, then you need to show active and explicit evidence that you have changed, or I'll continue to assess you by your previously evidenced beliefs. 

That doesn't really allow people to evolve with time personally. Public and personal conscience are not the same. Also, it'd be nice to see the full context of his quote since I'm sure there is a larger agenda he's pushing.

Either way, I've never really shared his opinion on too many things.

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

That doesn't really allow people to evolve with time personally. Public and personal conscience are not the same.

Generally speaking, I've found that public people with legitimate integrity have public conscience that reflects and is an extension of their personal conscience.