The First Trump Impeachment Thread

31 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I have no problem hearing from the Bidens as long as Bolton, Mulvaney, Blair and Pompeo also testify. Let’s get all the facts out there for all to see. Trump should testify too, but it would never happen.  

Yes.  Both Joe and His son should testify because they were fact witnesses to conversations and evidence of Mr Trump talking to the Ukrainian leadership and they def saw and helped obstruct senate by hiding papers, calls and witnesses.  :dunno

I get it - many of us think let them talk, they’ve done nothing of concern, but the GOP is a dirty dirty group.  This is all just a distraction so that they can get their ignorant base who isn’t listening to the evidence being presented in the last few weeks can get a new catch phrase for their ill fitting tshirts.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Yes.  Both Joe and His son should testify because they were fact witnesses to conversations and evidence of Mr Trump talking to the Ukrainian leadership and they def saw and helped obstruct senate by hiding papers, calls and witnesses.  :dunno

I get it - many of us think let them talk, they’ve done nothing of concern, but the GOP is a dirty dirty group.  This is all just a distraction so that they can get their ignorant base who isn’t listening to the evidence being presented in the last few weeks can get a new catch phrase for their ill fitting tshirts.

I feel confident in saying a good majority of the GOP Senators think (or at least uses it as a talking point ) that there was corruption by the Bidens.  In fact it will only intensify if Biden looks to get the nomination. That’s not changing. I think it may be best for the Bidens to take the stand and clear the air so that we all can see that trumps assertion of their wrongdoing is just plain false.  With that, though, everyone The House Manager’s want testifies also. So we can all see Trumps guilt It would be a reach, but There would then be a chance for a conviction.  As it stands now, I see zero chance.  If Trump is clearly guilty in the majority of American’s eyes and he still gets aquittted, he will lose the 2020 election and the GOP just may lose the Senate too. 

Then the GOP, during the last 3 years when they held the House, the Senate, the presidency, the AG office etc should have opened up an investigation into what they're supposedly so bothered by now.  

This isn't a show me yours and I'll show you mine situation.  There's not legitimate or rational reason for the Bidens to be called as witnesses for the articles of impeachment against the president of the united states.  If you rob a bank because you need the money to pay your mortgage, you aren't able to have the mortgage company investigated during your trial.

And I promise you - if they were to have gone ahead with that "trade" Bolton would have gotten up there and shared nothing, Mick would have claimed executive privledge etc.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, QMany said:

Trump didn't assert Executive Privilege, he just issued a blanket issue not to comply. But you knew that.

Obama didn't claim Executive Privilege over Fast & Furious as a whole, he did over select documents. But you knew that.

It took 4+ years, which is not practical when the President is actively and repeatedly rigging our elections.  Maybe that is exactly what you want? To allow the President to extort and/or bribe foreign countries to interfere in our elections as long as he can run out the clock. Furthermore, the Court didn't rule Obama overstepped the bounds of privilege. "This ruling is not predicated on a finding that the withholding was intended to cloak wrongdoing on the part of government officials or that the withholding itself was improper," the judge wrote. But you knew that too.

The only administration who meddled in the election was Obama's, and you know it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I have no problem hearing from the Bidens as long as Bolton, Mulvaney, Blair and Pompeo also testify. Let’s get all the facts out there for all to see. Trump should testify too, but it would never happen.  

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

@Notre Dame Joe  I guess Trump doesn’t want to call witnesses that could prove his innocence?

Every President has the right to frank and confidential advice from members of his administration .  Trump won't take less then everyone else.  Schumer was offered a deal on witnesses, yours for ours, and turned it down.  According to someone's logic here, the Bidens are acting like a guilty family. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4