The First Trump Impeachment Thread

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why was it left out?

Trump stood on stage and told Hillary he would throw her in prison. Republicans cheered. 

You’re telling me that if she had won, Republicans wouldn’t have been be demanding she testify if she were being impeached?  

You know that if we would be going through this exact same process, Republicans would be demanding it, right?

#1 gets to the ridiculousness of NDJ's antics in here.  His goal is to bob and weave only to and from areas where he can shoehorn in talking points that feebly try to make Trump seem like the victim.

To #2... of course they would. And he'd be right there with them. Because he's squarely in their base and his opinions will change to match theirs. His arguments here are in bad faith explicitly because they're solely to excuse Trump's behavior; he would not offer them up if the shoe was on the other foot.

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why was it left out?

Trump stood on stage and told Hillary he would throw her in prison. Republicans cheered. 

You’re telling me that if she had won, Republicans wouldn’t have been be demanding she testify if she were being impeached?  

You know that if we would be going through this exact same process, Republicans would be demanding it, right?

20 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

#1 gets to the ridiculousness of NDJ's antics in here.  His goal is to bob and weave only to and from areas where he can shoehorn in talking points that feebly try to make Trump seem like the victim.

To #2... of course they would. And he'd be right there with them. Because he's squarely in their base and his opinions will change to match theirs. His arguments here are in bad faith explicitly because they're solely to excuse Trump's behavior; he would not offer them up if the shoe was on the other foot.

I've been quite consistent and non-partisan on the Impeachment of Bill Clinton.  He committed cut and dry crimes that could have been addressed, or not, after he left office.  I don't recall any oddly blue Huskers explaining why Clinton should've been out. 

@BigRedBuster  The reason Dersh had his book out before this happened was he presumed the Rs would try to impeach President Hilary R Clinton on whatever charges.  And if they tried to masquerade ticky tacky ethics violations (aka HRC's normal way of doing business)as HCOM I'd oppose it too. 

12 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I've been quite consistent and non-partisan on the Impeachment of Bill Clinton.  He committed cut and dry crimes that could have been addressed, or not, after he left office.  I don't recall any oddly blue Huskers explaining why Clinton should've been out. 

@BigRedBuster  The reason Dersh had his book out before this happened was he presumed the Rs would try to impeach President Hilary R Clinton on whatever charges.  And if they tried to masquerade ticky tacky ethics violations (aka HRC's normal way of doing business)as HCOM I'd oppose it too. 

Give me a break. If Hillary did what Trump did you would be screaming bloody murder 

Trump is scared 

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Give me a break. If Hillary did what Trump did you would be screaming bloody murder 

Trump is scared 

This is exactly why no one in Trumpworld would dream of letting him testify. So they just let him frantically try to retcon away his guilt on Twitter while they nervously watch on.

It would be an utter disaster if he ever had to sit down and answer actual questions. Because he is a habitual liar who thinks the law doesn't apply to him.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I've been quite consistent and non-partisan on the Impeachment of Bill Clinton.  He committed cut and dry crimes that could have been addressed, or not, after he left office.

See, even here. Bill Clinton lied and thus perjured himself. Which you call a crime. But apparently that's a crime for him (a Democrat) that should have been addressed, but not one for Trump (a Republican), who lies every day with impunity, or any of the handful of his goons who've perjured themselves during testimony to Congress. You're displaying your biases clear as day.

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And if they tried to masquerade ticky tacky ethics violations (aka HRC's normal way of doing business)as HCOM I'd oppose it too. 

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

@BigRedBuster  The reason Dersh had his book out before this happened was he presumed the Rs would try to impeach President Hilary R Clinton on whatever charges.  And if they tried to masquerade ticky tacky ethics violations (aka HRC's normal way of doing business)as HCOM I'd oppose it too

:laughpound

I envision a change of attitude akin to what happened to Mitch and Lindsey. 

you have said nothing on here that leads me to believe you in this post. 

Do you support Bolton testifying?

That should be ballgame, folks. 

If Senate Republicans don't call Bolton, they are accomplices in the cover-up. If they do call him, he (further) establishes the corrupt quid pro quo. They are between a rock and a hard place with growing pressure and public support of a real, fair trial with relevant witnesses. 

• Plus1 4