The First Trump Impeachment Thread

49 minutes ago, QMany said:

That should be ballgame, folks. 

If Senate Republicans don't call Bolton, they are accomplices in the cover-up. If they do call him, he (further) establishes the corrupt quid pro quo. They are between a rock and a hard place with growing pressure and public support of a real, fair trial with relevant witnesses. 

The problem is, the Republicans I know, don't find that a problem because they firmly believe that Joe and Hunter Biden were involved in some horrible corrupt scheme so, Trump wanting them, specifically, to be investigated is just another example of Trump fighting corruption and draining the swamp.  When I ask, "OK...why didn't he have his own intelligence agencies investigate it?", they come back with, "Yeah right...they are all part of the deep state."

It's amazing what he has done to destroy faith in our own government.

BUT....God forbid....if a black person dare protest law enforcement officials corruption by simply kneeling during the national anthem.

• Plus1 5

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The problem is, the Republicans I know, don't find that a problem because they firmly believe that Joe and Hunter Biden were involved in some horrible corrupt scheme so, Trump wanting them, specifically, to be investigated is just another example of Trump fighting corruption and draining the swamp.  When I ask, "OK...why didn't he have his own intelligence agencies investigate it?", they come back with, "Yeah right...they are all part of the deep state."

It's amazing what he has done to destroy faith in our own government.

BUT....God forbid....if a black person dare protest law enforcement officials corruption by simply kneeling during the national anthem.

The logic is just going to go in circles, It's a he says (Bolton) he says (Trump) with Trump saying there's a transcript that supports his side, but, to my knowledge, no full transcript having been released yet, so we go back to he says he says. 

6 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

The logic is just going to go in circles, It's a he says (Bolton) he says (Trump) with Trump saying there's a transcript that supports his side, but, to my knowledge, no full transcript having been released yet, so we go back to he says he says. 

The "transcript" is only one small piece of this. It doesn't exist in a vacuum as much as Trump and Republicans want it to. Eventually they will have to face this reality but it may not happen during this impeachment 

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The 2nd video ends wt him asking "Is this a Big Big Story" - dah what do you think.  Not if you are a Trump supporter in the alt-universe.  There they try to hide evidence.  But to the rest of us, Yea this is a big big story and the Senate better call Bolton to testify. 

Next up:  the weasel

giphy.gif

Can we talk about how everything Ken Starr says in defense of trump is a wholesale lie?

Bemoans that impeachment is a weapon used against a political opponent.

Says, "the Senate would do well to return to our country’s tradition when Presidential impeachment was a measure of last resort."

Be sure to commit crimes in or near an election year, kids!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Can we talk about how everything Ken Starr says in defense of trump is a wholesale lie?

Bemoans that impeachment is a weapon used against a political opponent.

Says, "the Senate would do well to return to our country’s tradition when Presidential impeachment was a measure of last resort."

Be sure to commit crimes in or near an election year, kids!

When I heard him say that, I thought instantly that Democrats need to constantly play Trump's quote on "I'm President, I can do whatever I want".